Friday, July 23, 2010

Time Flies

McKenzie is 7!!! Isn't she adorable?
I can't believe that she is 7 already. It doesn't seem like she can be that old already. She'll be in 2nd grade this year. She is such a fun person to spend time with. She makes us all laugh! She was very cute this week. On Monday she went out to check the mail about 10-15 times. The mail was very late on Monday. It didn't come until around 4:45 pm. When it did come, there was nothing in the mailbox for her. She did the same thing on Tuesday. Still no mail for her. At this point I was wishing that I had dropped a card in the mail for her. She really wanted to get something in the mail. On Wednesday, she actually got a card from her Grandma and Grandpa Brower. She held that card all afternoon and I caught her with it a few different times on Thursday.

We didn't have lots planned for her birthday because her dad and Austin were at scout camp and she really wanted to celebrate when they were home. Madison made up this fun banner to put on the garage door for her big day. Braydon helped put them up that morning. I had piano lessons that day and so we didn't go anywhere that morning or out for lunch. It ended up being a rainy day so it's good we didn't plan an outdoor party.
She makes it very hard to shop for her. I asked her what she wanted and she couldn't think of anything that she wanted. I guess that is a good thing but I really didn't know what to get her. My girls have been begging for skirts and so we picked out some fun material and I made Kenzie a couple of skirts and Madison, 1 skirt. They both were so excited to put them on Wednesday morning. The skirts they have on in these pictures are the ones I made. They loved twirling in them. Kenzie got this jewelry box and we got her some earrings and a necklace to put in it! I'll have to keep my eyes open for more jewelry for these 2 girls. They LOVE to wear jewelry and are always asking if they can wear mine.
After presents, we headed to Reed's Dairy for icecream!!! We planned on making a cake and taking it up to scout camp so we could have dad and Austin see her blow out her candles. She didn't want a cake while they were gone. I gave her the option to go out for icecream or just get icecream from the store and bring it home. She opted for the first and so we headed out.
We got there around 2:30 pm and didn't have to wait in line. At Reed's, we've learned it's cheaper to get 2 kiddie cones than it is a single. This way you can get 2 different flavors and you don't have to try and decided on just one. It makes it interesting to have 2 cones in your hands and handle kids, keys, purse, camera, etc.
After icecream, we headed back to make dinner. She requested spaghetti. Very simple! I didn't complain. Then we got some playing outside accomplished. We then opened up our nail salon and got busy painting nails. The girls all looked absolutely beautiful when we were done.

Kenzie had a smile on her face all day long. She also kept saying, "I'm 7 now! What a fun day this is!" She has a way of being so in the moment. I love that about her. Her excitement over simple things makes me smile.
I love my Kenzie! What a sweetheart she is. I can't wait to see how much more she learns and grows in the coming year.

5 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

I love your girls! How cute but I am thinking that Kenzie can't be 7 already!!! The skirts are amazing as well! You are so very talented! Could you rub off on me?? Just a little? I Miss you and your family!
Happy Birthday Kenzie! Enjoy being 7!!!

David & Heidi said...

Ah, what great birthday, even though Dad and Austin we gone! Cute skirts you are so crafty...I'm going to have to come down there and have a sewing party with you. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I haven't even used it yet. I would love to learn how to make clothing! :)

Jamie H. said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Kenzie!! IT looks like a fun day! I LOVE the skirts, do they come in mommy sizes?? ;) The nail painting party looked fun. That's one of those things that make me miss not having a girl. Somehow it wouldn't be the same with the boys! LOL

Anne said...

Boy, do we miss your girls! I can't believe little Kenzie is 7 years old now. Tell her happy birthday from us.

Paige Whitney Phillips said...

So cute Marissa! Kenzie looks so much like you. She is so beautiful. Love you guys!