Monday, March 3, 2008

Marisa at 34 weeks



These aren't the best pictures of me, I know. I've kind of gotten attached to my rocker lately, thanks to my Dr. Last Thursday at my appointment the nurse was a little worried because I was still having some contractions and I was almost 34 weeks. They did an ultrasound and said everything looks good except that I'm pretty much 100% effaced. The Dr was in surgery and so they didn't check to see if I was dialated or not. I was given strict instructions to go home and lay down- no sitting in chairs and if I'm in a recliner to recline back and kick my feet up. If I have at least 2 contractions, I'm suppose to go the hospital- even if they send me back home. That doesn't sound like much fun to me. I am to do nothing around my house! That is a hard thing to do since that's not my personality. Thank goodness I have a great family that has been helping keep the house somewhat clean and we have great neighbors that are bringing in meals to us. I go in on Tuesday the 4th to see how things are. By then, I'm hoping he says I can get off bed rest for good and let the baby come whenever. My feelings are that all is fine with the baby. I just worry that my water will break at home and I won't make it to the hospital in time. It's a good 25 minuted drive! Guess we'll see how this week goes. We will keep everyone posted! Oh the joy of having kids! She'll be worth it though!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

You are so cute pregnant!! I am glad to see that you are taking it easy, as hard as that might be for you!! I love the pics you have posted! I can't wait until my kids get to that age and play so good together! How fun!! We missed you this weekend, but hope to see you soon after Mayci arrives!! Yeah! But hopefully that isnt too soon, I think the longer she stays in, the better! But I am sure everything will work out the way it is supposed to! Love ya!

matheson memories said...

I feel for you sister. I get it 100% since I have been there too. Just know that any time spent laying around is so much easier than leaving your baby at the hospital when you go home. I hope that doesn't happen to you. It sucks in every way. I missed you in St. Louis, and hope to see you soon. Good luck!

Tara Mc said...

You look so cute, just think, in no time this will all be a fond memory (or not so fond) and you'll be back to being super mom!!