Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh what a feeling!


Justin & I got to celebrate our 12th anniversary on Saturday! Can I just say- WOW! Other people always celebrated that many years! We got to go out on Friday night and spend some time together. It wasn't like some amazing celebration but I got to spend time with my best friend and we even got Coldstone icecream! That was a huge gold sticker in my book! Good job Justin! I wasn't expecting much since we did just come back from Disneyland. I really wanted to go camping or just hang out with the family for our anniversary but knew that Justin would probably like to hang out with just me. Since we hung out Friday night, Saturday we spent the day with the kids, working in the yard. I know, that doesn't sound very romantic. That morning our neighbor was having a yard sale and he had 2 bikes for sale. Justin is quite the bargainer and he got a great deal on a bike for both of us. We told the kids that we could go on a bike ride that night! They were so excited. So, after Justin and I ran some errands, shopped for groceries we came home and got a quick dinner. As we were eating, a big storm started coming in. The kids got a little worried that we weren't going to go on our bike ride. The wind was blowing really good but we decided we could go anyway. So, away we went. The first of our ride was good because the wind was to our backs. Once we turned around it was a different story. I just laughed the whole way home. It was funny to see the kids try and stay up with Justin (imagine, Justin has gears and the kids don't so it was twice as much work for the kids to bike in the wind!) I'm sure we looked funny with 4 kids on bikes in between 2 adults, one who has a baby in a carrier! We all had a blast and we made a good couple mile bike ride out of it! I didn't hear too many complain on Sunday about being sore! It was definetely a great memory. Not quite your romantic getaway that you always dream of for an anniversary but a memory that the kids won't forget too soon! Thank you Justin for making our day magical!! I love you!

4 comments:

matheson memories said...

Congrats on 12 years! What an accomplishment. I am looking forward to seeing you this weekend, and would absolutly love any ideas that you might throw at me for my new calling. Thank a ton!

Krista said...

What a great picture of you all lined up on your bikes! How fun!!

Brittany said...

That is a fun picture! What a great family!! It will be fun to do things like that when my family gets older! I remember the day you got married, like it was yesterday...how fun! 12 years went by fast! Congrats!

Tara Mc said...

Sometimes those kind of days are the best kind. They're the ones that the kids remember in 20 years. Happy Anniversary!