Monday, November 10, 2008

Adventures in Mayci's World

Mayci was trying hard to do what the girls were doing. The older ones tried stacking the lids up on Mayci like she was sitting in a pile of leaves- in this case, a pile of lids!
Who needs presents when you can give your kids something creative like a gazillion lids that don't fit any of the bowls in your house!

She's adorable! I know! Even if she did make this mess! She was laughing as I took the picture and kept asking her how in the world she could reach all of the movies. She isn't crawling yet but she seems to get around by scooting, it's slow but she got a good 4 or 5 feet across our office floor to get to the movies! Sneaky little girl!


Once she gets close enough to something she can lean over really good! She is almost on her hands and knees to get things and can push herself right back up. Doesn't crawl but can really stretch far.



I know it's been only 5 years since I had a little one around the house & I know I haven't forgotten everything about what little ones are like! I did forget though about how fast a child can make a mess that is so young. I expect the messes from the older kids! I also expect them to clean up after they are done. Mayci has been content to play with her toys for the most part. The last week or two she has wanted more! Can you imagine that, a child wanting MORE? So, as I sat at the computer the other day, I didn't pay much attention to what Mayci was doing. When I finally turned to see what she was really doing I just laughed! How adorable is a mess like movies all over the place and lids all over the kitchen! I know, I really should remember this in the future when the kids have made the exact same mess and I'm yelling at them to pick up after themselves! It just isn't the same mess! The funny part about this was how excited Madison and Kenzie were to help pick up the mess that they didn't even make! What's up with that!!!! My kids are really growing up fast. I'm trying hard to enjoy all the little moments that happen around our house. That's hard on my personality because I tend to let all of my obligations (like cleaning toilets, folding laundry & most importantly, making meals) slide! I'm just trying to do as I've been taught and enjoy them now- they grow up way too fast!

1 comment:

Camille said...

I hear ya on the kids growing up to fast. Mayci is a doll!