Monday, November 3, 2008

Do spooks happen in 70 degree weather?

Austin was an Army General. He liked pretending he had lots of authority! Mayci was our little lion. It was kinda too warm to wear so she had a onesie and socks on. No worries about getting cold!
Madison was our country girl (she called herself a square dancer!) She was adorable! She didn't like the hat and complained about it! We made her wear it anyway!

Here's our angel, in more ways than one! Talk about simple costumes this year!


Yep, you guessed it! If we have a general, we need a soldier! Braydon loved this! I messed up and tried to get face paint on Halloween day! Couldn't find any! He still had fun!



Mayci, Austin, Braydon, Kenzie, Madison, and Adam! They look so sharp! Notice, no one had a coat on and the pics were fun to take because they didn't have layers of clothing on to keep them warm!




You just wanted to squeeze her everytime you looked at her! She smiled all night, even with an earache! She's such a great baby!


We, I mean, I survived Halloween! The kids had school off that day and it was kind of a lazy-dazy kind of day. I got to take all the kids to exercise with me- how fun was that!!! I made up cinnamon rolls for J's work party and also scones for a dinner with the neighbors after trunk or treating. When it was time to get ready for trunk or treating, I was tired! My kids were too! The girls really wanted to get dressed up but didn't want to go get candy! Thank goodness Trunk or treating is fast! We headed over to the Hallberg's house and got some yummy food! Chilli, warm apple cider (not that we needed it- it was 65+ degrees) and scones! We all just hung out watching Night at the Museum! There were 6 adults and we all had about had it! That was my idea of Halloween fun! Doing nothing! The boys managed to get some good old fashioned trick or treating in. Our candy supply is now good for 6 or 7 months! Not much exciting happened and it was the most perfect weather for Halloween! Hope everyone else had a great night!

5 comments:

Krista said...

All of your kids looked so cute, but that little lion is to die for!!!!

Andrea said...

What great costumes!

Anonymous said...

We appreciated the cinnamon rolls...they were delicious!!! Thank you.

The kids looked great on Halloween!

Unknown said...

It was a warm day. It almost gave the day an awkward feeling, but it was nice to not have all the layers on. Your kids are cute. Aren't simple costumes the best?

Tara Mc said...

Okay, next year when I'm wondering what to do for Halloween, I'm reading this post again. What a fun day full of activities. And, to have your kids so worn out that they aren't bouncing off the walls by night time, bonus!!