Sorry, I put my pics on here backwards!

Here's the finished product to put onto the pans. After I bake these, I take a cube of butter and spread it on the top of the rolls. I'm sure that's why they taste so good!

After spreading my dough out into the log, I use my pizza cutter to cut the strips. Sometimes I get more than 36 strips. I can get 45 or so at times. Smallers strips get you smaller rolls. If you let the dough rise for about 2 hours your rolls will be bigger.

Here's how I press my dough out. I don't use a rolling pin. Just my hands. If your dough sits out of the fridge for 5-10 minutes, the dough is easier to work with. You don't have to let it sit though.

Here's the dough after I took it out of the bowl. I sprinkle some flour on the top of the dough because it's kind of tacky. I don't put too much though or else my rolls turn out dry.

My dough is kind of lumpy looking. Don't worry if your's is lumpy looking too. It will turn out fine!
My kids think I'm silly to blog about dough and yeast but hey, I'm a weird mom! What can I say. So, these pics aren't the best but they give you the general idea of how I do up rolls. I helped a friend do up these rolls for Thanksgiving and it took us about 15 minutes to take the dough out of the bowl and get the rolls onto the pan. Hope you all have fun with these and if you come up with other great uses for the dough, let me know! (Oh, I did try just rolling the dough into balls and putting them on the pan to rise. That worked out great too! So, you don't have to tie them into knots if you don't want to!)
2 comments:
Thanks Marissa! I am excited to try these!
YUM! I'm going to give these a try! Thanks!
Post a Comment