I got to go to McKenzie's Thanksgiving Feast this morning. All of the kindergarten classes got together and the food was aplenty. They even got Turkey to eat! They didn't eat near as much as the kindergarteners last year though. Mrs. Ryan and I were trying to figure out why! Oh well! I know that Kenzie was very excited about it! (Maybe she was just excited about getting to wear her 'Native American' headband (didn't we call them Indians once upon a time). She couldn't stop talking about the headband all week.


I believe we had 60 kids that sat down to eat! They were all very well mannered too. Last year it seemed that the kids were very noisy and grabbing food all over the place. No major incidents this year-oh, there was this one mom that did manage to drop a big pile of chicken all over the paper- inbetween 2 kids' plates! It was kind of funny and I was just glad that it wasn't me! (sorry Jamie- I still kinda smirk when I think about that!)

This was what we had set up before the kids came in! It went very smooth and I'm glad that Mrs. Ryan put this on for the kids. Hope your Thanksgiving Feast turns out as good as this one did!
I was talking to one of the mom's at the feast this morning and she said she saw my blog! She told me that she just started into the whole blog world but she did say she didn't have any fun and cute things to put on her blog. She went on to tell me how cute my blog was and how I do all these crafty fun things. I just laughed because I've been thinking (as I've looked at all of these other fun bloggers and their amazing posts- compared to my boring life) that my life with 5 kids is eventful but I don't get pictures of all of the really fun things we do. I try and post about things we've done but for some reason I can't find that extra time to sit down and get stuff done. We don't really do alot lately either. So, Heather, just a note from me- take pics of whatever makes you smile and post about it! Don't get worked up about your kids not doing the neatest/funnest things. I have learned that I can't get depressed about not getting any comments either! Just have fun with blogging!
4 comments:
Well you already found and commented on my blog! You are so quick to put this up and it just happend this morning! You are a machine woman! To make Jamie feel better. Sam had the green bean plate as the kids were passing it and he said "i don't want any" right then he dumped maybe half the green beans all over half his plate and napkin! Thanks for the Support and encouragment!
You wonderful woman, you! I am so touched by your family! I truly love having you as a parent helper and to have the opportunity to work with Madison and now Kenzie, I am without words! The feast is always a bonus! You will have to come in when we go on the Polar Express! We would love to have you!!!
Boring Life!?! This from a woman who teaches an Aspergers kid how to play piano plus 19 others, makes her own homemade applesauce, is the mom for some pretty cute kids, and manages to keep everything in check. U R AWESOME!!!!
I agree with the whole blogging thing. I think it is such a great thing to have to document our family and what we do and it is easy to want to think it is sort of a competition. My kids love to go back and read old posts. They think it is sooo fun. And by the way Marissa, you don't seem like you have a boring life, you seem like you have a very happy life. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment