


The boys got to see how fast they were at throwing a baseball. Les Schwab had a pitching trailer set up! I think Braydon had 41 mph and J (I can't really remember so we'll give him a great number since it was his birthday) got 65!!!!! The girls got around 18 mph and Austin got around 29 I think! It was fun all around.
Austin in the pilots seat. All the kids got a turn sitting in the different seats. One plane even had a bed or two for the mechanics (or what not!)
Madison is set and ready for take off! Just waiting for clearance!
Our cute little Mayci- This is how our little one acts with a fever! What a sweetheart!
My wonderful husband had his 30 something birthday on September 13th. We found out that there was an airshow in Mtn Home that day so he said that he wanted to take all of us to it. We got up early that morning and arrived at the Air Force base around 8:30 am. There weren't many people there yet so we got to walk through all of the many planes without waiting to get inside of them. The kids loved to see all of the gadgets and also walk in the big cargo planes. They were very intrigued with how the refueling planes worked. The had some big planes there! I was very impressed with all of them. Mayci ended up having a fever while we were there and she just wanted to be held. Dad got some snuggle time with her. She was in good spirits considering. After hitting all of the planes on display, we got settled in for the airshow itself. It started at 11 am and WOW!!!! That is one undescribeable feeling to sit there while these giant planes soared right in front of you. Your whole body vibrates! It's like that feeling of when the National Anthem gets sung and the great applause afterwards! It was just pretty neat! We had the privledge of watching a friend from our ward fly the Apache chopper while they did a mock rescue! That was amazing! They even had fire bombs in the background that you could feel the heat. I was glad that the boys got to go and watch all of that. I would love to have my boys fly in the Air Force or even Navy. They could just be my private jet pilot- that would probably be the coolest! I just want them to fly! I love to look out the window as the jets fly over our house and feel/hear their power and wonder what they are off to do!
We didn't do much else that day. Justin did get to go ride a horse later that afternoon! It was a fun day and we were just glad that we got to spend the day with Justin. Oh, none of the kids liked wearing the earplugs. They just complained so they ended up not even wearing them! Silly kids! I'm sure we're going back in 2 more years! Anyone is welcome to come with us to experience one amazing event! Thank you Mtn Home Air Force Base for an incredible day!





No comments:
Post a Comment