On Labor Day weekend, Justin took the kids and I over to Bear Lake with him while he helped install an airconditioner for his parents. We weren't a lot of help so I had plans to spend some time with a great friend, Tara. We had wanted to go to the Lake and play but it ended up not being very warm that weekend. We should have tried to get to Bear Lake sooner in the summer. Oh well, we did end up with a great weekend. Tara told us about the Parade of Homes going on in Bear Lake and so we decided that would be a great outing. So Peggy, Tara and I got to go through some very beautiful homes. There were some good variety in the homes and I came away with some great ideas for my future home in Bear Lake. If only I could have had $1 Million dollars to toss out there this weekend, I could have had the home of my dreams! It was very well decorated with all the colors that I wanted. It was missing the Baby Grand Piano and the swimming pool but hey, I can add that all later with the other $1 million I have stashed away in my savings (ha, ha). We were planning on getting through the houses in a hurry so we could do other things for the weekend. Let's just say that these homes weren't your hurry and look kind of homes. It took at least an hour to get through a home. A few of them it took more than 1 hour! We had a great time!

This was the coolest room. The wall with the closet had this mural painted on it. There was a playhouse behind the barn. Very creative.
These were the beds in the room. There were 8 bunk beds and even a chair of small recliners with a table and lamp. It was the perfet grandkid room!
This would be my favorite! It had a Tiki Room look to it. There were 9 recliner chairs and the screen was one of the biggest in Utah for a home theater. There was also a bar at the top with a mini kitchen off to the side. I can't wait to have one of these in my house! Talk about some fun parties for the kids and their friends. I believe that you need to have great reasons to keep the kids playing at your house. I wouldn't mind having all the parties at our house with fun stuff like this. This house also had a half court gym with a rock climbing wall just down the hall from this theater. They gym had a steam room and showers. Very cool!!!
Can you believe this mural?
This is almost my dream kitchen. My island will be bigger! Just off the kitchen they had a control center/desk. Kids could spend time doing homework at this desk while everyone else is hanging in the kitchen. The home had a sound system throughout and the controls were at this desk! I fell in love with this house. Justin said we could have gotten it but it was in Utah!!! He doesn't want a house in Utah. (I'm sure the price wasn't the real reason we couldn't get it! I will convince him soon to have this same house built in Idaho though! Trust me! He just can't resist giving me what I ask for sometimes!!!!)

This was our little break between houses. Grandma bought us all snowcones!

Marisa, Cody, Austin, Jaycee, Britney, Braydon and Tara. We had a blast and the company was great! Thanks for spending time with us McMullin's!
4 comments:
It's hard to go through a parade of homes and not feel like you live in a shack, huh?
I just love Bear Lake. I am sure those houses were amazing. Planning my dream home is a hobby of mine, so I am always checking out pictures and magazines, so those were cool pictures to add to my fun ideas.
Can't help but agree with Jo. My dream home will have an entry that does not show my kitchen! Sheesh, everyone who shows up at my door sees what a messy kitchen I have!
Thanks so much for the fun memories and the great weekend. We're just going to have to stay friends forever because my kids won't let us not be :)
Post a Comment