Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My cool little brother

That's my brother in the front! That was so fun to watch his race. It reminded me too much of my swim meets! This was my first race of his that I've ever seen. I'm glad that I got the chance to see him run. What a rush to sit and watch on the sidelines something like this. Lots of excitement and adrenaline going through me and I was just watching! Guess I just know what it feels like to be in competition against others! What a high that is!

My kids were cheering him on and they did a great job being Uncle Chris's cheer squad!


I believe this is his 2nd time around. It was so muddy everywhere! He did a great job!


My little brother is a runner- a very good runner! He has been good since about 7th or 8th grade and he runs like he could be walking! It looks like running takes no effort at all for him. Me on the other hand can't handle running a few blocks before I start feeling like my legs will fall off! On Sept 20th by little brother, Chris, got to come up to Eagle for a Cross Country meet at Eagle Island. It started out a very raining day but by the time he got to race it had cleared up and got pretty warm. He ran with the elite group and started the race out in the lead. I guess his first mile (of 3) he ran under 5 minutes. He got a little worried and slowed down a bit. The kids loved watching their uncle Chris race and loved cheering for him. He ended up taking 14th (I think) and his time wasn't the best for him. He did blame it on taking 3 weeks off in August and he also was bummed he didn't get to race in the rain. We had fun spending some time with him and my dad regardless of how his race went. There were quite a few college coaches there watching him and so it was good exposure! Chris graduates this year so the hunt for the right school has begun! I'm just so glad that he is such a great example for my kids and they look up to him so much! Thanks for a great Saturday Chris and Grandpa! Come visit us more!

1 comment: