Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tragedy strikes!

Can I just say UNBELIEVABLE?! I have now lived 2 weeks of my life with no computer and no internet! It was like I was living in a different world! On Sept 9 we decided that our computer had completely run out of memory and I couldn't even put any more pics on our computer. It was only 3 years old but obviously we got a pretty cheap maching with hardly any memory. So, Justin has a great co-worker that knows a lot about computers and he said he'd help us get some more memory put on our computer. Justin took our computer in to work with him and handed the computer to Brian. Brian had it for awhile and came in and asked Justin if there was a trick to turn it on. Justin told him it was the little round button in the front and he should know that- he's the computer guy! Brian told Justin that it wasn't turning on. Justin thought the he was kidding with him. But no, he wasn't kidding! Justin called me and gave me the news and I think I panicked for a second but then Justin said they are trying to see if they can get it to turn on. After trying a handful of things and nothing working, we decided to try a different route!

We started to price computers and that isn't really a lot of fun if you didn't have that in your budget to start shopping for! We knew we wanted to get a laptop but not for the kids to play on. So, we looked and a bunch of different things and decided our best route was to go through Dell online and order one! That was great except that we had to wait for it to be shipped! Not very cool to a person who lives with her computer all day long. Justin wasn't bothered much because he's at a computer all day long and can at least check his email. I didn't have that option! We did get our computer on Friday and hooked everything up that night! That was like Christmas morning all over again! Except..... our modem for our internet stopped working! Let's just say that I think that was God's way of say "Ha, ha, ha! You 2 can't have your lives back in order just yet!" So, we called Clearwire Saturday morning and they said they'd send us a new modem overnight. Well, overnight doesn't work over the weekend if you're wondering!

As you can see, we now have our modem and computer working. I got most of the things off my computer but I don't have any of my email addresses. I didn't get any of my contacts transferred over to clearwire before this tragedy struck! So, if you'd be so kind as to email me your email address so I can add you to my contacts, that would be wonderful! I'm hoping to get caught up with my blogging in the next few days! It could be a little tricky with our crazy week but we'll get it soon! I'm just glad to get back into the groove I was in. My poor Primary Presidency has had to put up with me and my scatterbrain mood! So sorry ladies! Hope you have all had a tremendous September and I can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs!

7 comments:

Krista said...

I honestly do not know how you survived - way to go!!

Anne said...

Yeah, welcome back! I'll email you today.

Bunnell's said...

Oh Yes...I fill your pain. There would be no way I could have survived:)

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY PIX at the top!!!

Nikki

Tara Mc said...

Tragedy is a very mild term for your sadness. Did you get all of your stuff out of the old one or is it just history too? Yikes! Technology-sometimes, it has a mind of it's own.

Jaymie Quigley said...

Isn't it so funny that not so long ago we were fine and happy with out the internet and now when we are disconnected we have withdrawal symptoms?

Sarah said...

I totally feel your pain, almost a month with no email, blogging, surfing the net....the list goes on. Did you ever get your other computer fixed? Maybe you needed a power cord and fan, we have had that happen to us more than once. Ughh. Keep up the blogging Logan thinks it is awesome to see his Kuna friends on the internet.

Andrea said...

UGGG! How frustrating! Glad you got a new puter and it's up and runing!