Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sip away!!

This would be the only kind of bottle that Mayci likes to drink out of! I think she's trying to grow up too fast on me!


She does end up a mess when she's done but oh how much fun she has with it!


She doesn't do too bad at holding it herself.

Mayci is one of my silly little babes! She was so good at the hospital when we had her to take a bottle. I never thought that she would struggle down the road with taking a bottle. Well, we left Austin in charge while Justin and I went out one night. We figured we'd leave him to feed her a bottle and he was so excited about that. We didn't know that she would through an all out fit over the matter. Austin had to call our good neighbors to save the day. Tami was great and tried to get Mayci to take some of the bottle. She didn't eat much and so when we got home from the temple I had to feed her. We've tried all kinds of different bottles, nipples and what not- none of them seem to work. We've even tried different formula and still nothing! So, someone said to try a sippy cup! Well, that did it! She won't drink formula out of it but she loves apple juice and water out of it! So, I guess this is how it will be until she can drink our milk! Maybe she'll be my one that will have problems with milk! I hope not. I don't know what we'd do if we couldn't have milk in our house- well, I know that we'd save lots on our grocery bill (we go through at least 6 gallons of milk a week). I'm just glad that she can eat baby food and have apple juice. It's been easier on me to be able to leave. The kids like to feed her too! One of these days we'll figure her out. OK, maybe not. After all, she is a girl! Right?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Look at those cute curls! She is such a doll!! Bug never would take a bottle either. Doodle only took bottles (of course!) and Roo was my easy goin one- he would take anything at all, bottle, sippy, whatever!

Anne said...

I can't believe Mayci already takes a sippy cup!