Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference Weekend

Friday, April 2, we headed down to Bear Lake to spend the weekend with family to celebrate Easter and General Conference. We got there around 10 PM and had snow for about 1/2 of the drive. When we woke up Saturday morning, there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground. The kids were EXCITED!!!!!! They couldn't wait to get outside.

I have to say, we were fed so well over the weekend. Not just spiritually, but physically as well! This was just part of our lunch. It was beautiful! Peggy and Grandma Hopkins outdid themselves with this one. All of the kids took their fair share of this veggie tray as well as the adults. We had sloppy joes on the side. They were good but nothing compared to this!
Here are most of the kids. We are only missing Braylynn. They couldn't wait to eat so they could go outside and play in the snow.
Mayci, Madison, Austin's head, Kenzie, Braydon, Haydee and Tyla. Braylynn was sleeping.

The two that started all of this, Grandma and Grandpa Hopkins. We sure love spending time with these 2. Our kids think the world of them.

I think this is the main reason Justin wanted to go home for the weekend. It was pretty breezy outside and I was pretty cold after just being outside for just a few minutes to get pictures. The kids would have spent all day long out there if we would have let them. I think that I was the same when I was a kid. It didn't matter how cold it was outside. My sisters and I would spend hours out playing in the snow.
Justin and Mayci pulling Austin on the four wheeler.

Haydee and Tyler pulling Braydon, Kenzie and Madison on the other four wheeler.

That's the look of pure delight!

These girls are so dang cute! Kenzie, Madison and Haydee waiting for their turn on the four wheelers!

Here's the proof that I was outside. Madison and I got a quick picture before I wimped out and went back inside!

No comments: