We have a new addiction at our house. Actually, we've had this addiction for awhile. There's a pizza place back in my hometown that is a favorite meal when we go home. They make the BEST cheesy breadsticks ever. There's a problem though. I live 2 hours too far to have these breadsticks delivered to me. I decided to call my brother up one day (he used to work for this pizza joint) and ask him how they made these. I didn't get the dough recipe from him. I found a Pizza Hut pizza recipe and just used that. I did find out the technic they used to make these very fattening, delicious breadsticks that I can't resist. My kids can't either!!
Here's the dough recipe:
4 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
4 1/2 Tbls yeast
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
6 Tbls butter
10-12 cups flour
Remove 1 1/2 cup of the warm water from the 4 cups of warm water and stir into it 3 Tbls of the sugar. Dissolve the yeast into this. Let stand 5-6 minutes until bubbly. Mix in remaining ingredients, using about 1/2 of the flour first. Mix well, then add the rest of the flour. Knead in mixer for 10 minutes. Let rise till double in refrigerator.
I then take about 2 cups of dough and spread it out.

Once it's spread out, I spread a garlic butter on all of the dough. (I take 1 cube butter and add about 1-2 tbls garlic powder.) Once the butter is spread out, place Mozzarella cheese on 1/2 of the dough.

Fold the dough over the cheese. I use a pizza cutter and cut the dough into 1-2 inch strips.

Pick up a strip by each end and twist it.

Place the breadsticks on a greased pan and let rise until double. I put them close together on the pan.

Bake at 400 for about 15-18 minutes. I usually only do about 14 minutes but we like things not so cooked.

We love to dip them in pizza/spaghetti sauce and ranch dressing. My kids take them for lunch the next few days. They are even good warmed up! The more cheese you have, the better they are! Of course there are also lots more calories! Who cares though. You only live once, right!? Enjoy!
5 comments:
yum...i am going to try!
I love Pizza Plus's breadsticks!!! When we get a chance we stop in Smithfield or if we are in Tremonton we eat there too. They are so good. I am definately going to have to try your recipe. You got a lot to amount up to though so we will see how you did and let you know :)
We are definately going to try those! They look delish!
Mmmm! We had those in Tremonton and they ARE good!! Thanks for sharing!
We too will be trying these.
Post a Comment