Our Sunday morning started out at 7 am. The kids were a little excited to find Easter Eggs. Since there was too much snow outside, we didn't do an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and just stuck with an indoor one on Sunday morning.
Here are the kids waiting to be let upstairs. Not everyone has smiles on. I think we should have all stayed in bed until 9 am.

The younger girls got to find 10 eggs first. Mayci and Tyla weren't sure what to do. Once they figured out what the plan was, they went to town and were so excited!

What a fun age Mayci is at. I loved watching her excitement as she found another egg. She would squeal and giggle and try and put another egg in her already full hands.

Once Tyla and Mayci found their 10 eggs, we let the other kids find their 10. It was very crowded but the kids had fun looking for their eggs.

Braydon had to inspect the contents of his eggs. He was pretty proud of his stash of candy. He didn't eat much of it though since he had a sore tooth. On Saturday, he bit into a hard Tootsie Roll and pulled a filling out of his tooth. He pretty much had about 1/4 of his tooth left. It was a good sized hole in his tooth.

Umm, I thought we were celebrating Easter, not Christmas?? Maybe we felt the need to pull out the Christmas candy since there was snow on the ground! Nothing like eating Christmas candy with the Easter candy.

My two handsome boys. I ask for a picture and this is the face I get from Braydon. Austin still believes in a real smile. I love these 2 to pieces and their quirky smiles!

Braylynn really wanted to get into everything that morning. She was mad when we took away the Easter grass. She is the cutest, chubbiest little girl ever! We had too much fun holding her all weekend.

The whole gang of adorable kids!

Austin, Mayci, Braydon, Haydee, Madison, Kenzie, Braylynn and Tyla. It's hard to believe how old all of these kids are getting!
So after finding Easter Eggs, getting dressed and eating an AMAZING breakfast, we all got settled to watch more Conference. Justin and I watched downstairs and soon after heading downstairs, Mayci came down to hang out with us. She found our camera and pretended to take pictures. I took a moment and showed her how to use the camera and then helped her take a few pictures.
I took this first one. I tried to get it of both Austin and Mayci but she was being so silly, she wouldn't stop and let me get one with both of them. She just laughed and kept moving. What a character!!

Here's Mayci's first picture. She would take the picture and then see what she took and get very excited and what she saw. Justin and I just sat there and laughed at her sillyness!!!

After about 5 or 6 silly not very good pictures, Mayci and I decided to pose and I got a few cute pictures of us! She just got more and more silly with each picture. I will admit, I didn't get much out of part of Sunday morning session. I can say that I didn't sleep through it though!!

I love the memories that are made when the whole family spends time together during General Conference weekend. It doesn't matter if it's just the 7 of us or if it's a whole group of the family together. It just ends up being an event that will always be something I'll look forward to. I didn't get to make Conference Cakes this conference but the tradition of spending time with family happened.
There's nothing better than family and mine is the best around. I have 5 of the cutest kids ever and they are so good at everything they do. They are obedient and they know how to have fun. They don't demand lots from Justin and I and they don't get caught up in the worldly/material things that some kids have to have. They are great at helping out when they need to. They are smart and enjoy a good book. They love their Heavenly Father and they are great examples to Justin and me of how to serve.
I also have an amazing husband who would do anything to make me smile. He might work long hours at times but he isn't afraid to work. He's productive and accomplishes a lot when he has a task to do. He is a terrific father. He loves to spend time with the kids and I realize more now that he is so good with babies. Some husbands won't take time to cuddle with little ones or change a diaper or feed a baby. Justin was/is always more than willing to do his share of 'mommy chores' when he needs too. I am completely spoiled by this love of my life.
How I got so lucky to have 6 wonderful people to spend forever with, I'll never know. I'll just live my life so that I'll be worthy to return to my Heavenly Father and thank him personally for the amazing blessing of FAMILY. I'm also grateful to my Savior, Jesus Christ, and the sacrifice he made so that I can live forever with my Heavenly Father and my family. It's overwhelming to me when I think of all that He suffered in Gethsemane. I have a testimony of the ressurection and I know that it was/is an important part of the plan of Salvation. What a blessing the gospel is in my life. I love being a wife and a mother and I pray that I can be an example of righteousness to my family.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment