Nothing finishes off a fun-filled weekend better than a picture of Grandparents with their Grandkids. This is the cutest picture ever. Too bad we didn't have all of the grandkids in this picture.

Loyal and Barbara Hopkins with 8 of their grandkids- Tyla (2), Braylynn (8 months), Austin (12), Mayci (2), Braydon (10), Haydee(3 1/2), McKenzie (6 1/2) and Madison Pugmire (8).

Madison, Loyal, Barbara, Marisa, Mayci, Justin, McKenzie, Braydon and Austin.
After Conference was over, we packed up all of stuff and headed for home. We didn't go straight home though. We decided it would be fun to head to Tremonton and say hi to my mom and dad real quick. My mom's birthday is on Tuesday and we wanted to sing Happy Birthday to her in person. We got spoiled though and they made up a delicious breakfast dinner. It consisted of wheat pancakes, fried ham, strawberries and scrambled eggs with cream of potato in them. We also had orange juice. (I can't forget about the homemade raspberry jam and whipcream to top the pancakes with). This is one of those things that as I ate it, it reminded me so much of how breakfast was at our house every morning. Maybe that's why I love breakfast foods so much. It brings back memories of growing up. We always ate breakfast together and it was usually cooked by my wonderful dad!

The kids (except stubborn and shy Mayci) all got a picture with Grandma. She had a long day! She always comes home tired after General Conference. We didn't want to stay too late since she was up early and then spent the day looking beautiful during Conference. She only has 3 more years left in the choir. It's hard to believe that 17 years ago she was called to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I was about 14 at the time and her being in the choir would mean that most of the daily household responsibilities would be put on my siblings and me. She was great and didn't accept the call until she talked to all of us and made sure we were ok with her being in the choir. We all willing agreed to support her calling of being in the choir. She is a wonderful grandma and so very talented! I hope that some of her talent rubs off onto my kids.
I wish we could have stayed longer and maybe gotten in a card game or two. Maybe we'll go down and spend a week with her over the summer. We moved 2 hours closer to my parents but we still don't get to spend that much more time with them.

I didn't do very good with the picture taking. I should have gotten a picture of both my mom AND my dad with us. Maybe next time we're down that way.

We are so lucky to have such amazing grandparents and GREAT-grandparents for our kids! We love you tons!!
No comments:
Post a Comment