Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fun and Lessons learned

Has it really been 2 weeks since Spring Break and I haven't posted pictures of all the fun 6 girls can have? Let's just say that life is busy and it doesn't seem to want to slow down.

After Heidi's wedding, we swapped kids. Austin stayed in Kuna with his friend, Grant. Braydon also stayed in Kuna with his friend, Tren. The boys were so excited. We took home with us Bailey and Ryann (Tren's sisters) which meant that Justin got to spend time with 6 girls. It was probably a good thing to have one male in the mix. It kept the emotions in check!

Saturday was a day of playing outside and the girls spent lots of time over at the 2 parks that are close to our house. They all got along so great! There was no arguing or complaining all day!!!
Sunday turned out good. I got all 5 girls and myself ready in time for 9 am church. I did have to get up earlier than I wanted to but that's part of being a mom. The girls were all well behaved during church too! I taught the girls how to make friendship bracelets and they were obsessed with making them. They each made at least 3 bracelets. While they did bracelets, they watched season 2 and 8 of 'Full House'! They loved the episodes so much that they watched some of them a few times. I still remember watching them and loving them when I was a kid.

Monday was a day of more outside playing. They also got in a few episodes of Full House. More friendship bracelets where made as well. Then after dinner that night, we talked Justin into starting a fire out back so we could roast s'mores. The girls were so excited!
Bailey and Kenzie- it was cold outside due to the wind that we had. It made it hard to fully enjoy ourselves with a fire!
The girls! Aren't they all just too dang cute for words!? (Mayci, Kenzie, Bailey,Madison, and Ryann)
Kind of a goofy picture but she really wanted her picture taken! Notice Ryann and Madison in the background? Such girls, chit chatting away!
All the s'mores that they made! I'm thinking that they each had about 3 of them. I was worried we'd end up with someone throwing up during the night but everyone was fine!!
The next morning I told the girls I would help them learn to sew a bag. It was a simple bag. Just a drawstring at the top. I put their initials on the front of their bag. I let Madison and Ryann sew up their own bags. They were so excited. (I thought it might be boring for them but I heard a few times each girl say, "This is so much fun! I can't believe we get to sew!")

Then the girls learned how to cook! They decided they wanted to learn how to do Chocolate Chip cookies. I didn't complain. That sounded good to me!
The girls modeling their aprons. Kenzi couldn't find hers and didn't want to wear one of my old ones.
This is what happens when you let 4 girls play with flour!

I'll take this over eggs all over the floor. I taught the girls how to crack an egg and the very first egg that was cracked ended up on the floor. The shells made it into the dough though! We all laughed at that!
It didn't take long to roll out the cookie dough into balls though. I think we rolled all of them in about 5 minutes. It was pretty slick!

They kept asking if they could eat one of the balls. I told them after we were all done! They were so glad when I said they could eat one! We should have skipped the baking part and just eaten the dough. (That's my favorite part anyway!)



It was a fun week and we made lots of memories! I was exhausted by the time kids were swapped back to their rightful owners. I'm sure most of my relief came when I had Austin and Braydon back at home to help out with Mayci and all of the other things that I rely on them to help out with! I might think twice about letting my boys stay away for very long in the future. It makes you very appreciative of what you have when you don't have it for awhile!

1 comment:

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

I agree Marisa! What a fun weekend! The girls had a blast. Thanks again for keeping them. But I must agree again...it's nice to have them all home!!