Friday, April 2, 2010

Not so good Joke

Yesterday was April Fool's Day. We woke up to no snow but it was overcast for the morning. We had a yummy breakfast with the Halladay's before they headed out to go back home. They left at the right time. About 11 or 12, it started to snow. It snowed for a few hours but nothing stuck to the ground. Then later last night, it started to snow again. It didn't snow for very long but long enough to give us this much snow. It shouldn't snow in April. To me, that's just mean. It makes me want to find a good book and get in a warm bath (not that I'm against that). We have plans to head to Bear Lake for Easter weekend and they had about 5 inches dump on them very quickly. I'm not very happy about having this snow! I want warm weather that requires a jacket, occasionally. I want my kids to be able to go outside to play and not take 5 minutes to get all their snow stuff on just to go outside.

I guess I better get used to this if we are going to live on this side of the state!

This is the sign at the school- it's Spring Break. You'd think it was Christmas Break with the snow we have!
On a side note- Austin got a few of us pretty good for April Fool's Day. He took a hair elastic and put it around our sink sprayer. He then nicely told everyone they needed to rinse off their dishes after breakfast. Kim was the first one to get it! Everyone laughed pretty good. Then Braydon finally woke up and we told him the same thing. When he rinsed off his dishes, he couldn't quite figure out what was going on. He didn't turn the water off as fast and my kitchen had quite a bit of water all over it. It reached all the way over to my stove and microwave and it was drenched! We all still laughed pretty hard! Then when Justin got home from work late last night, I told him he really needed to rinse his plate off since all the kids were able to get theirs rinsed off. He rinsed! He got DRENCHED! So did my kitchen! His response was a little slow when it came to figuring out how to turn it off too! It was the perfect April Fool's joke at our house!
We also had a fun dinner for our meal swap. The gal that brought dinner brought us Pizza Hut pizza and a box of doughnuts. Well, when we opened up the box of doughnuts, there was a bag of rolls and a bag with salad in it. When we opened up the pizza box, we had pizza alright. It was just a fruit pizza! It was a cute April Fool's. The fruit pizza was a HUGE hit at our house and the kids now all want fruit pizza for their birthday meals. I can handle that. It was pretty darn good!

No comments: