Mayci decided that I should wake up at 2:45 am to celebrate my birthday early. She had a slight fever and was acting very irritated. By 4:30 am, I was fit to be tied and didn't know what to do with her. I was tired and decided to call my mom for advice. She didn't answer her phone so I called my dad. When he answered, I had lost all composure and started to cry.
Dad-"What's wrong?"
Me- "It's Mayci."
Dad- "Oh no. What is it Marisa?"
(At this point I realize that this probably sounds really terrible given the circumstances.)
Me- "No. It's not serious. She's just not sleeping and has a fever and I don't know what to do".
My dad then hands the phone to my mom so I can have some motherly advice. She says it sounds like she might have a bladder infection because she kept pulling at her diaper and couldn't hold still. She thought I might call the ER and find out what they think. She said I could always say a prayer and hope that she eventually settles herself down to sleep until morning when I can get into a dr. Just talking with my mom helped calm me down. Mayci's fever went down a little and she eventually got tired enough to sleep. That wasn't until about 5:30 am though. I got up at 6:30 to get breakfast for the kids and so my day began.
With Justin being gone, I didn't have much planned so I decided to go get groceries and maybe try to find some jeans. That didn't sound very appealing to me though since I was so tired. I did manage to get groceries and bagged the whole shopping for jeans thing. Maybe another day. I got to teach a few piano lessons and Kenzie came home from school with tears in her eyes. "Mom, I don't feel very good". Imagine that!!! She now has a fever and is resting on the couch. I am taking the kids out for icecream tonight for my birthday. I figured my kids wouldn't want to make a cake and I won't pass up an excuse to go for icecream. In the meantime, I had a dear friend, Jamie, bring me a wonderful present today!
As I was getting ready this morning, Mayci climbed up on my bed and fell asleep. She was one tired girl. I was worried at first because I couldn't hear her and I called her name a few times and didn't hear her. I showered quickly and got out and found her on my bed. I feel so bad for her.
All in all, it's been a memorable birthday. Not my favorite one though. I get to spend it with most of my family though. I missed you Justin! Thanks for all the texts throughout the day! I'm looking forward to my icecream run tonight with the kids! More birthday pictures later!





8 comments:
Starting your birthday at 2:45am doesn't sound like fun to me! Enjoy your ice cream tonight, and hopefully everyone at your house feels better soon. Happy Birthday!!
happy birthday my cute friend. im sorry your family is sick...i think when your child is sick, its the hardest on the mommy. not only emotional but physically as well. you are such a good mom!!
happy birthday!!!
Wow...Marissa I think your family has had their fair share of sickness!!! I am so sorry...Happy Birthday lil' lady! You are such a cute 33 year old! Someone to look up too!`
Ris...Happy Birthday! I was thinking this morning how old you are...it is weird...33!! Still young though!! You are an amazing person and I wish I lived closer so I could of helped you out this morning with Mayci!! Poor girl! I hope she gets feeling better, and Kenzi too!! Hopefully everyone has had their turn and you are good for the rest of the year! I hope you had an extra scoop of ice cream tonight to make up for such a rough and LONG day! Love you!! I am sure next years bday will be better!
Your morning sounds exactly like mine. My kids must have the same thing. I am sorry it was on your birthday. Happy late birthday. I found a couple small boxes at work tonight. I will try and get them over to you tomorrow, or I will leave them on your porch. Hopefully tomorrow you have a better day.
((HUGS)) Not the funnest way to spend a b-day- taking care of sick kiddos. Hope they are all feeling better quick. LOL- your dad mentioned at the pool this morning that he was about ready to kill you for calling at 4:30 am, and crying as he answered.
Sorry you had a rough day! I hope that Mayci is feeling better! Everything is harder without sleep, too. Hopefully, your birthday got better! (BTW- You could have at least taken the cake out of the packaging, so it looked like I made a real, homemade cake!! lol :) See you soon!!
Happy Birthday Marissa! So sorry. We've had the exact same "stuff" at our home. I hope you guys all get and feel better soon!
Post a Comment