Wednesday afternoon, the kids and I frantically packed up our bags and drove to Pingree, Idaho to surprise Justin with an early visit. We were planning to head up on Thursday afternoon but everytime I talked to him, he asked if we could come early because he missed us so much. I told him we had too much going on to leave on Wednesday. I ended up feeling sick on Monday and Tuesday and still wasn't 100% on Wednesday. I didn't think there was any possible way of us getting everything done by Wednesday afternoon but decided it would be a fun surprise for Justin. He's worth it. Even if I dn't feel good!!
We left at4 pm on Wednesday and Mayci did pretty good on our way. She got really whiny when we got about 45 minutes away. The kids finally looked at why she was crying and they realized that she got her arms out of her shirt and was trying to get her arms back into her shirt. She just couldn't get them in because her seatbelt kept her from doing it. We just all started to laugh really hard and she thought it was funny that we were laughing at her.

Justin had to work on Thursday and so we got to spend time with Great Grandma/pa Hopkins for the day. We had wonderful food. It's amazing how well you eat when you are at Grandma's. My kids couldn't stop raving about how good the food was with every meal we ate. We stuffed ourselves with fruit and veggies and amazing soup and bread. I loved all of it and it was fun to see the kids get so excited to eat. They are good eaters anyway but it was fun to see Grandma/pa smile as my kids couldn't stop saying, "oh, this is so delicious." "I think I need more, please." "We need to eat here everyday!"

Mayci loves bananas and was excited to eat a banana and pose for a picture.

Madison and Braydon got caught up on some TV time after playing outside in 27 degree weather at 8 am. My kids were up at 6:30 am, ready to play. They didn't care how cold it was outside.

I think the early morning caught up to Kenzie. She was getting upset at silly little things and so I told her to lay down and rest for a minute. It didn't take her long to fall asleep.

Austin spent the entire day outside with Grandpa Hopkins, helping him put up an 8 ft fence to keep the deer out of the yard. Grandpa was so impressed with what a great helper Austin was. He just stuck with Grandpa and helped out however he could. I know that he is a great helper and so it's fun to hear that others think he is. I love that he got some one-on-one time with his great-grandpa. Not all kids get to have that.

Mayci really wanted to play outside. I brought the kids a coat to wear but I forgot gloves and hats. I decided that Mayci didn't need to be outside and end up sick. The warmest it got that day was 52, I think. The wind made it even more cold.

I don't know what to say about these 2. They are just plain silly and they are so much fun to watch play together. They always know how to make us all laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment