With a good camera, this would have been lots of fun. These were taken about a month or so ago. It was the week Mayci turned 18 months old. That is so weird to think that my baby is 18 months old. I just can't remember what life was like without her. Probably a little more quiet than it is now.

Mayci loves to sing and to dance. When I go walking in the morning, Mayci will sing a song. She'll sing for 10 -15 minutes without stopping. She also LOVES to dance. If she hears music, it doesn't matter where it's at, she'll start dancing. One time we were in the store and I was holding her. There was some fun music playing over the speakers throughout the store. She started dancing in my arms and everyone thought it was so cute. Then one of the workers had to make an announcement over the intercom. Mayci looked at me and was a little disappointed looking. She just said, "Uh-Oh!". She dances in her carseat, while eating breakfast, in the tub- everywhere!

She has a fettish with toes. She loves to clean them out. If she has socks on, she'll take them off in the middle of the day, just to check them to see if they are clean or not. While she was sick last week (in the middle of the night) she spent about 15-20 minutes cleaning out her toes. I didn't mind because she wasn't crying or fidgeting during that time.

She loves to say 'Thank you' but refuses to even try and say please. She loves to say 'socks', 'nose' and 'shoes' but won't say any other body parts but will just point to them. After changing her diaper, she loves to take it and throw it away. She also loves to put her clothes in the dirty clothes.

She is a breakfast girl. Her favorite thing to eat is Swedish pancakes. She also loves Tootie Fruities. She insists on having a spoon or a fork when she eats, even if she doesn't use them. She also drinks from a cup, no lid, when she eats.

She loves to get a book and sit down in a chair next to me and read. She loves it even more if there is a dog in the book. She knows how to make a dog sound and thinks it's funny when I make other animal sounds but she won't try and make the other sounds. She'll carry 3 or 4 books around the house with her. She usually pulls out all of her little books and scatter them all over my room while I shower. (Her books are on a bookshelf in my room. It keeps her entertained and I figure a mess like that is something I can handle. She usually helps me pick it up after I am done getting ready for the day.)

She loves when we leave to go on a walk. She knows where her jacket and shoes are at and loves to have a blanket with her when we go. She understands when I say 'snack time' that we head into the kitchen and usually get some fruit or string cheese. She gets so excited that she squeals. She does the same when we ask if she wants a bottle. She even counts while the microwave is warming up her bottle.

When we say it's time for prayer, she heads over to our coffee table and kneels down and folds her arms. She's been folding her arms for prayer for about 6 or 7 months now. She is kind of a copycat. If I am squatting to pick something up, she squats to pick up stuff. If I wipe something down, she tries to wipe things down.

She knows what is in a big brown bag with M&M on the front. Whenever I pull out a bag, she squeals and claps her hands. I had given her some M&M's before going into a store one time and she dropped one on the ground. I wouldn't let her pick it up and she started to cry. She wouldn't calm down as I walked her into the store. Everyone was staring at us and I was just laughing because I knew what she was screaming about. I'd scream too if I dropped M&M's on the ground.
The boys have taught her how to 'Give 5'. Not just a normal 'Give 5'. They hold their hand out and say, "Give me 5." She gives them 5 and then they give each other 'knuckles' and then give each other 'elbows'. It's pretty dang cute and she'll do that to anyone that says 'Give me 5'.

She can't be related to me. Bugs don't bother her. She will hand me more flies that are alive than dead. As we took these pictures, she found one on the ground and was obsessed with it. One time she had a fly stuck on her lip and I freaked out. I better keep my eye on this little one.
I can't wait to see how the next 18 months go for this energetic little girl. I love her dearly and I'm thankful we didn't finish our family up at 4!
1 comment:
She is so cute!! I can totally relate to all the fun things she does and charactaristics she has at this age. There are a handful of things that Kaylee does like Mayci...it is so fun!!! I think it makes a big difference by having an older sibling as well. Carson didn't do half of the stuff Kaylee is already doing. SO I think Mayci will be one smart cookie with all those big siblings to learn from! Can you believe that they are BOTH old enough for nursery? It is crazy! I was thinking the other day....Austin will become a deacon in Jan! He will be in Young Mens...THAT is what is crazy!! I remember when he was just a little baby!
Cute post...cute pictures....cute girl!
Post a Comment