Sunday, February 14, 2010

12 minutes of luxury!

Day 12: 12 minute massage

I knew that I didn't want to give them a dozen of any kind of junk food. It would have been easy to do but after all the junk food this week, I decided on something different.

I came up with a cheesy poem that read:

Our 12 Days of Valentine's are done.
It's been a whole bunch of fun.
Around our house we work and play
& I have one thing I'd like to say...
A 12 minute back rub just for you,
From a mom, with love so true!!

Cheesy, I know. When you come up with something like this after 10 PM, it's bound to sound a little corny!! They also got 4 suckers. They were all very excited to think that they were going to get a massage from me. That was the first thing Braydon asked for today after we got out of our church clothes.

It's weird to think that we are already to the middle of February. It seems like our days go by faster and faster each year. I've decided that I need to take more time to really enjoy my kids. Even on those really bad days. Heaven knows I have my fair share of those. They only get to be this age once in their lives. The messes are eventually going to disappear which only means that so will the laughter and the memories. My kids and Justin deserve to have love shown to them daily. I hope that they will know by my actions how much I love them and that I feel like the luckiest mom/wife in the world to get to spend forever with them.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

1 comment:

Tara Mc said...

Wow! You truly outdid yourself this year. What fun! I think I may steal your idea and use it next year for my family. I've been making some plans for Yellowstone. How does June 4th ish sound?