Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 4- PJ Ball

My kids asked during breakfast when they were getting their Day 4 gift. I told them it would be later in the day. Of course, they spent most of the day guessing. Chores got done without me getting upset and asking them more than once to get them done. Everyone seemed to get along pretty good with each other.

Justin and I went to see Avatar 3D in the afternoon. It was such a good movie. It made my stomach a little upset though to watch it in 3D. I don't do good with heights and so the parts where they were up in the trees made me a little dizzy. I was light headed and Justin had to make sure he held on to me so I didn't fall while walking out of the theater! The kids did great while we were gone and were very anxious for us to get home.

We quickly got dinner eaten and cleared up. After a few showers and everyone had pj's on, we finally got Day 4! We headed downstairs and I announced to the kids that we were going to have a PJ Ball!!! They each would get 4 dances with me!!! I wondered if I'd get a few groans from them but they were all actually pretty excited. We had slow songs and fast songs. I taught them how to 2 step, triple step and worked on teaching them some swing moves. They, of course, had to show me moves they have made up. Mayci even got in on the dancing and tried to do 'The Worm' like Braydon likes to do. No one can do it quite like Braydon can do it though. It's fun to watch him dance.

All of the kids got lots of dancing in and I think they all got pretty tired. We danced for a good hour! They are loving the 12 Days of Valentine's. They are pretty sure that Day 5 will be watching the Super Bowl! I told them that yes, we would watch the Super Bowl but that wasn't what Day 5 was. I love keeping them in suspense. As I tucked the girls in to bed, Madison said, "Mom, I wish I knew everything already and didn't have to wait to know things." I said, "Then it wouldn't be any fun." "Well, then I wish I knew everything except the surprises!" she said.

Silly girl. I think she's excited about this fun little thing we're doing! I was hoping to get some pics from today. It didn't happen though. We were having too much fun to stop and take pictures!

No comments: