Sunday, February 14, 2010

Top 10

Day 11: Sweet on You!

Each of my loves got 11 pieces of licorice- red vines, of course. My kids would have loved any kind of licorice but if it's going to be in my house, I'd rather eat red vines. I gave them a little note that said, "I'm sweet on you!" The kids were so excited to have licorice. They didn't eat very much though. We've had our share of treats given to us. The kids each brought home plenty of treats from their Valentine's parties at school and we have gotten a few plates full of goodies from neighbors. They loved getting that much licorice at once though. I don't see it lasting very long.

Day 10: Top 10 Reasons I Love You

I was just going to give them all a list written out of the top 10 reasons I love them. Then the thought came to me that it would be fun to give it to them framed with a picture of me with them. So, I got some inexpensive frames and typed up the reasons I love them and put that list in the frame. Then this morning, we took pictures and I'll get those put into the frames for them.

I gave them the lists Friday night just before Justin and I headed out to a Ward Adult party (we played Family Fued. It was SO fun!!). I actually gave it to them just after dinner and they all took a minute to read what I wrote. Madison sighed, gave a small giggle and it looked like she might have wanted to cry a litte! She then went, "Ahhhh!" I think she enjoyed what I wrote about her. The kids all traded their list with each other so they could see what was written about them. Even Justin got a list!

It's a good thing it was only a list of 10. It was also hard that it was only 10. I could have found at least 100 things that I love about each of my family members and so it was complicated to choose just 10 things!!

Here's frames before pictures were put in them.




No comments: