There is a flower shop just down from the Idaho Falls library that has a sign on their store front that says, "If your name is _______, come in for a free rose." Last week I was so excited to see that the name on the stores sign was Macy. I decided we needed to stop in and get a free rose. They didn't care about how the name was spelled or how old the person was. I then gave them a few suggestions for names to put on their sign. I then told Justin that he should drive by that store more often. They might just put up all of our family's names.
I got to pick out any flower that I'd like for Mayci and decided to get this wonderful color. All the others were pink, red or white. It's still alive and it's been a week now. I love flowers in my house. I love looking at flowers. They make me smile. A simple flower can make a person think, "I'm thought of! I'm important enough that I got something as simple as a single flower!" I told Justin that he doesn't have to get me a dozen roses. I be happy with just one simple flower. The fact that he took the effort to go to a flower shoppe and pick out something that makes me smile is the best thing ever! It beats never getting ANY flowers.
What a magical world we live in to have glistenning trees covered with snow and at the same time, a beautiful rose with bright colors. You can't help but have a great day with things like that to look at!





2 comments:
What a great post! I love the rose! That is so neat. And the trees, you do live in an awesome place! It sounds like you are just loving it! Do you get homesick for Kuna at all? I still do and it has been almost a year and a half. Crazy huh. I am just a big boob! I keep thinking I will get over here soon but I don't!
And yes, I am in the primary presidency. The secretary to be exact, and I have to do 5th Sunday Sharing Times. I absolutely love the primary. It is the best.
Miss your cute family!
What a beautiful rose! How fun. I'm glad you like Idaho Falls. I have some cousins that live there and they love it. Speaking of which, we are taking a day trip to Blackfoot for my grandpa's 100th birthday, Saturday the 21st. It would thrill my almost 8 year old if she could see your girls for an hour or so. Let me know if we can work something out!
Post a Comment