My kids questioned my motives this morning when I made them pink pancakes for breakfast. They kept telling me it wasn't Valentine's day yet. I agreed with them. It's not Valentine's Day. I didn't tell them what I have up my sleeve. I just handed each of them a love note before serving them their PINK pancakes. They spent a minute reading their notes and Braydon jumped up and gave me a hug. The other kids followed suite. Later after breakfast, I went into my room and found that my bed had been made. Madison was so cute about it. It's not an easy bed to make all by yourself. She did a perfect job though! There were no quarrels or fist fights between kids. We've had our share of mornings where the kids have to get a fight or two in before school starts. We had none of that though. It was a most delightful morning. After school was good too.
I might just do a '12 days of _______ every month. I love when my kids act exactly how I imagine my kids should act. I'll post how the other 11 days go for us! I can't wait to see how the kids react to my plans for the next few days!!
Happy Day 1!! XOXOXO
Cal & Brock
2 years ago





5 comments:
What a neat idea!! Your family always looks picture perfect to me, I would have never known :)! Primary is going well and it keeps me busy as I am sure you know. Thanks for peeking in, we miss you family too!
What a great idea!!! You are such a cool mom!!!
You are such a good mommy! My kids want me to be like you when I grow up (me, too)!!!
Ris you are truely an awesome mom I am taking notes and only hope that my kids love me as much as yours love you
what a GREAT idea! you have some pretty great kids. It was so sweet of Austin to help shovel my driveway the other day. I would have been at it for hours if not for him. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans! :)
Post a Comment