Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy 8th!

Wednesday, February 17th, Madison turned 8 years old. She was so excited all week long. She couldn't wait to have her birthday but I think she's just as excited about her baptism coming up in 2 weeks.

Madison woke up early on Wednesday and wondered how long she was going to have to wait to open her presents. She was trying hard to not be too anxious and she was so patient about everything. She was even modest about the presents she got. I figured we'd get a pretty good reaction from her when she opened her boots. What you see in the picture is about what we got out of her. She didn't stop smiling all morning long though. Pretty much all day long she had a smile.
She wanted her hair done up curly for the day. I did it up all cute for her knowing that after the first recess, it would look pretty scary! She looked adorable!

It's hard to believe that she's 8!

I got to take treats into her class and she was very excited about that! The class sang to her while she wore a crown. She almost acted embarrased about it!
After the song and treats were passed out, Madison got to pick which game they got to play! The classic, Heads Up 7 Up, was picked. That was my ultimate favorite game to play when I was in school! Madison got to pick who started out choosing. I think she kinda had some fun!

She has grown up so much the last year. I was watching her the other day with Mayci and she does a great job helping Mayci out. She helped Mayci go to the bathroom, get her dressed and helped Mayci out with her dolls. Madison also loves, loves, LOVES to draw or write stories. If she isn't drawing or coming up with stories, she's reading. I really need to find her more hands on activities to do. I can't keep her busy. She gets bored easily. She is very excited about Activity Days. I need to find her something else after school that she would enjoy. For now, she does a great job keeping her 2 younger sisters entertained!!! What a great mom she'll make someday.
I love you Madison! We can't wait for your baptism!!

2 comments:

Jamie H. said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Madison!! It looks like a fun one that you will always remember! We can't wait to see you be baptized!!

Anne said...

I don't know why I always thought Madison's birthday was in April. Happy Birthday!