Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kenzie's frist day

Look at my little Kenzie! She was so adorable all morning! She'd bit her lower lip everytime she smiled. I can't figure out if that's her nervous smile or what! It's dang cute whatever it is!


This is Brighton, one of her friends from church and they both had preschool together. They are very cute together when they play!


Mrs. Ryan and Kenzie on the 1st day! Very exciting!


Waiting in line to go into class! I think she's one of the taller kids in her class! She makes me smile when I look at her!


It took her 1 hr and 10 minutes to get home. They were having problems with the bus door not opening so they had to switch buses. She didn't seem to mind that it took that long. She was all smiles when she got home!

Kenzie didn't start school with the other kids on Friday. She started this Monday and she had a wonderful first day! I didn't shed any tears (even though I thought for sure that I would). It helped that Kenzie wasn't afraid at all and was very confident on her first day of Kindergarten. She looked so much more grown up to me that morning and it really set in that my kids are getting older! It's been fun to see them move into a different part of their life! I feel like my life has taken a huge leap forward. I couldn't ever see this part of my life when the kids were all younger and not in school. It felt like this part of my life was light years away. So as I'm going through this time of having 4 kids in school, everything seems like I should be older and more mature at this point. Well, maybe not mature but for sure older! My morning was great and went by way too fast. It was fun to see her come off the bus and tell me about her day! I'm not quite sure what she learned that first day but she did have an interesting comment:

Kenzie: Mom, when we don't listen to our mom then she has to time us out!
Me: Time you out?
Kenzie: Yes, time us out and put us in a chair for when we are bad.
Me: Oh, like a time out chair?
Kenzie: Yes, so we need to be good and listen to you so you don't time us out!
Me: Sounds like a good plan to me!

I'm glad she went to Kindergarten to learn something important like that! Keep it up Mrs. Ryan!

2 comments:

Tara Mc said...

Funny, but there are times that I wish I could get timed out. Maybe I'll mention that to my kids. "If I don't listen to you then I have to go sit in the corner and be quiet." I love it, thanks Kenzie.

Ron and Debbie said...

Too funny! I love that I get an update about what they think when they get home! I absolutely LOVE having Kenzie in class. Thanks for letting me have the opportunity to again! I haven't seen you lately....are you enjoying your time alone?!?!?! Come in sometime to chat!!