Saturday, August 9, 2008

Kuna Days

Madison & Emmalee & Kenzie dancing to the bands music! Madison was very persistent in asking me about going to dance until I gave in and said she could go dance. She is my little 'do everything' girl. She hates to be left out of all of the action!


Not the best picture but Madison is on the left! I will soon have a nice camera & good pictures!


Group Dancing?


Madison is standing in the middle of the street with about 200-300 other people waiting for ping pong balls to drop from the sky! It's a tradition that after the parade, a plane flies by and drops thousands of ping pong balls down the street. The balls have numbers on them which have a prize attached to them. We lucked out and got 4 balls. It was quite the experience and really quite funny to see everyone standing with their heads gawked upward waiting for little balls to fall on them! A memory for sure!!!

We had gone to Kuna days 2 years ago and didn't spend lots of time there. We did make it to the fireworks though. Last year we were out of town and missed the amazing fireworks show but this year we managed to get Friday night in and Saturday morning! I have to say that I have never seen such a spectacular free firework show. They last for quite a few minutes and they go right along with the music that is playing. This year I had wanted to take pictures of the kids watching the fireworks but we all became mesmerized by the firework display. Even Mayci was awake for most of them. She was very tired and did manage to fall asleep even though there was all the comotion! In the fireworks show, they had these fireballs that went off. They look like one of the fireworks had exploded on the ground and caused a fire. You can feel the heat from them and they are all different colors. They are one of those that cause everyones mouths to drop open and go "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" It was a fun night with a late bedtime for the kids (they didn't complain!) We will not miss next year's show! Thank you Kuna!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

How fun!! Your girls are just so adorable, I wish you lived closer so we could hang out more together! We missed you at the Brower Reunion, it was fun!! But I would love to see you sometime this month if you come down to Bear Lake...so let me know! I love the mud post...that is SO something we did when we were little, but I think it was in the dirt trails that we got dirty! Oh the memories!

Anne said...

We meant to go to Kuna Days this year and forgot all about it! We weren't even home to hear the firework show..dang it! Last year, we forgot about it until we heard the fireworks. Then, we climbed out the girl's window to watch. Next year for sure, we'll have to be on the ball because it looks like we missed out on some fun again!