Friday, August 22, 2008

Whatever will I do!

Austin, Madison, Braydon - 1st day of school! Aren't they beautiful?


Ryann & Madison waiting to get into their class. Notice the Hannah Montana shirt? She kinda likes anything Hannah Montana.


I just put Mayci on our beanbag while I got on the computer this morning and she just fell asleep. No siblings to bother her or fight over who gets to hold her first! Just peaceful bliss!

Today we had our first day of school. Talk about mixed emotions. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or be excited that I would get some quiet time with just Mayci and me! We went to the school's open house last night to meet all of the kids' teachers. I don't think that it has quite sunk in for Kenzie that she is starting school. She was excited but more for the reason that she was going to get to go to Bear Lake with Justin today and no one else got to (she doesn't start Kindergarten until Monday). Madison went to her classroom and met her teacher. Her teacher reminds me lots of her kinder teacher so Madison will have a great year. Madison couldn't stop saying "I can't wait for school tomorrow!" She also told her 1st grade teacher that her room looked like fun! If you've read 'Personality Profiles' you'd understand me when I say that both Madison and her teacher are high 'I's'. It should be quite a party this year! Braydon got an amazing 3rd grade teacher. Austin had her in 3rd grade and I'm excited to see him grow this year. My Austin is in 5th grade! Can I say 'Sniff. Sniff' ? Other people have 5th graders. Not me! His teacher reminds me a lot of my mom as a teacher. She uses a crown for literature and likes to sing jingles to help the kids remember/learn things. Austin and her should get along fine. I'm hoping that this year is better for him than his last year. His teacher last year taught him lots but didn't have the fun that Austin likes to have. The kids were excited- very excited this morning when they got ready. They all got up without me getting them up, got breakfast, made their lunches, brushed their teeth and then woke me up to do Madison's hair. All I had to tell them was to get showered. The boys practiced the piano and got reading in while I did Madison's hair and then it was off to school. The boys were not happy that they had to wait for me but I had to get the good ol' 1st day of school picture. After the pic, they headed off like it was nothing. I walked Madison over to her door. I think she was worried about which door to meet at and kept asking "How will I know what door to go to?" Once she saw all of her old classmates and friends, she forgot all about her mom. Imagine that! Oh well, that made it easier on me. I didn't shed the tears I thought that I might. There were a few moms with tears present and yes, lots of cameras. This was almost as bad as the 1st day of kindergarten! Only this time we have to leave them for the whole day! I'm not complaining as I sit here in peace blogging- no interruptions. Mayci is asleep. Laundry is done and folded. I've exercised already and there aren't messes in every room of my house. No one has asked what they can have for a snack. This is what some call lucky- maybe even bitter sweet! I'm grateful for the time I have to myself but I will be glad when school is over and they tell me what a wonderful day they had. I do think my kids are amazing and I do miss all of the wonderful things they do to help me out all day!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Okay, so I was probably one of those moms who got teary eyed. (Although I didn't let any overflow!) I couldn't help it. The days of it being just Sarah and me are over. Maybe she won't mind hanging out with her mama when she's 16 and Max has left for his mission! One can hope....

Ron and Debbie said...

I am glad you were holding it together! I was starting to feel like I hadn't prepared all of you for 1st grade, there were so many tears! Madison will love her teacher and I can't wait to spend my days with Kenzie! See you Monday!

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

It gave me mixed emotions just reading your blog mostly because I don't think that you are old enough to have kids doing all of this but all of them will keep you young right? Love to read the blogs for updates.