Saturday, August 9, 2008

This is what I get!



Madison and Kenzie warming up with hot chocolate in the Summer! Truly funny kids!



Austin showing how much mud one 10 year old can get on himself after creating a mud lake!

Austin, Ryan, Madison & Kenzie showing their mud lake out in the back yard! I guess we should have bought the bark for the play area a little sooner! Oh well,







I am not completely surprised that this happened! It seems like anytime I get a few minutes to myself and I take time to do something that I want to do, I get interrupted! Now, a husband on the other hand can take some time to do his 'thing' and won't get any interruptions the entire day. It is amazing how that works but it seems to always be the case in our household. I don't know if any other wives/moms out there have the same thing happen to them or not. If so, know that I understand exactly how you feel. This happened last week when I sat down for a few minutes to blog! I saw Austin run by the office window with mud on him. I asked him what he was doing and he said that they were having a mud fight! I really shouldn't complain about the situation since that was occupying the kids outside and not right by my side asking me what I was typing or tattle telling on each other! So, I just laughed and reminded myself about a mud fight that my sisters, the neighbor kids and I had one summer. I remember my mom being so mad at us that she stripped us down to nothing out back and sprayed us with a hose. I think all of us girls thought it was pretty funny. So I thought that I had better get a picture of this mud puddle the kids created out back and just laugh. The funny thing is was that they came in the house being very cold. They asked for hot chocolate and Austin even took a warm shower! Funny kids!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about the interruption thing. Who knew that was what we were signing up for when we decide to have kids. Frustrating at times=).

Tiffany said...

LOL it looks like lots of fun. I told our kids about our mud fight and they thought it was pretty funny. Of course I told them that we kind of got in trouble because Britt went home crying. I'm sure you remember that!