Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One last summer outing

Mayci started sitting up on her own a little this past weekend. The kids thought it was cute to sit her on the chairs by herself! Mayci didn't know what to think about her siblings leaving her alone for a moment!


So much for the peace and quiet for Mayci. Madison can't get enough of her little Mayci!


Don't ask what Braydon is doing! I guess just being himself! Adam and Madison are munching on licorice! There is something about licorice, popcorn and a movie! Add a blanket and pillow and you've got a great combination!


Austin showing how silly a 5th grader can be when you have enough sugar!

The first day of school was Friday and I had told the kids it would be fun to go to the Drive-In Movies before school started! I think I missed it by a day but we did get to go. We didn't get to see "Kung Fu Panda" but they did get to see a few good movies. (Kung Fu was a few weeks ago!) Justin and Kenzie were in Bear Lake & so it was just the 4 kids and me. We invited a few neighbors and we got to have Jennifer & Eric come with us. My kids were a little too excited to be going and I think with them having had a first day of school, they were a little wound up. They did settle down when the movie started but it was hard for them to pick just one spot to sit! Something was up with our van. The boys turned my van off and didn't quite turn the key all the way back. So, within a few minutes our van was dead. Eric jumped the van and we got it going just in time for the movie. It lasted just a minute or two and was dead again. So, we listened to the movie through everyone elses radios. It was okay but when you are chewing on caramel popcorn, it makes it a bit harder to hear the movie. Adam came with us to the movies and it was his first time at a drive-in movie. I think it was fun for him! It is always a late night when we go to the drive-in but so much fun. It brings back some fun memories of when I was younger spending time going to the drive-in with my grandpa in the summer! It made a great start to the first day of school! (Good thing school started on a Friday this year! Weird, I know but the kids weren't complaining when they stayed up until 1 AM!

No comments: