Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baseball practice

Or better put. What Mayci does at baseball practice.
We went to Braydon's baseball practice the other night. I had Mayci in the stroller for the first 10 minutes while I tried to get sharing time stuff put together. It was like torture for my little Mayci. She wanted to go play with all of the other kids. So, I let her down. She had a big smile on her face the entire time. She walked and walked. She hardly fell down.
I think she was trying to pick some stuff up off the ground. I love her little squat. She never sat down on the ground. It was this darling little squat. Like the ground was too dirty to sit on.

OK. Forget the ground being too dirty. She needed to get up close and personal with the ground. Examine what was all down there under her feet. Mayci enjoyed her freedom of being outside. She has a lot of determination though. I'd try and get her steered another direction and she'd try and push right around me. She made her way around most of the playground. After a bit of walking around, she realized that there might be some fun stuff on the ground. She reached down and tried to pick the rocks up out of the asphalt. She just couldn't get it up though.
This was too adoraable. I was wishing I had my video camera with me. She saw this other little girl swinging around one of the Tether poles and decided to try it herself. She caught on quickly and spent a good 10-15 minutes walking around this pole. She'd stop once in awhile to see if the girl was doing anything else. What a copy cat she was.

She was so dang cute spinning around the pole.

Mayci discovered a whole new world that night. We made it to the end of the pavement and she stopped quickly when her feet got wobbly on the gravel. It was the funniest thing to see her experience. She looked at me like, "What the heck was that under my feet?" It didn't take her long to realize that it was a fun place to play.

Madison and McKenzie taught her how to pile rocks on herself. She started to hoard all the rocks for herself and got mad when the other 2 girls tried grabbing rocks from her. The girls got very silly and laughed. Mayci didn't think it was all funny though. She couldn't get all of the rocks in her hands at one time and it made her mad. She started to grunt at everything the girls did. Yes, I just laughed!
Madison wanted to put rocks in her shoes. Mayci already had them in her shoes but insisted that more get put in. Mayci just got more mad. When she got up to walk, I tried to get all of the rocks out without taking her shoes off. That was a mistake. Mayci tried walking and just stopped and cried. I thought she was mad because I took her out of the rocks. Nope!! She had a whole bunch of sharp rocks in her shoes that were hurting her feet. Sorry Mayci.

What little kid goes to a park and leaves everything out of their mouth? Mayci did good for the entire time. Until the end anyway. She had had it with just picking the rocks up and throwing them down. She decided to try out their taste. It's a good thing we had to go. She was loving every minute of playtime that day and she came home very dirty. We definetely didn't get an indoor girl with this one!

6 comments:

Camille said...

She is so stinkin cute! I can't believe how big she is now! I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever!

Brittany said...

A pole dancer in the family, huh!?! j/k! That is so funny, I can just imagine how cute she was at the park! Kaylee has finally started taking more than 1 or 2 steps, she isn't walking all the time, but she can at least walk across the room....so I can't wait for this summer, I hope she can enjoy the park as much as Mayci now that she can walk! Cute little girl.....she definitly takes after all her cute siblings...

Melissa Durtschi said...

Congrats. You have done what we as mothers all strive for. You have captured, enjoyed and journaled some of the simple moments in life.

Your kids are growing too stinking fast!!!!

Jamie H. said...

Wow! She is growing up so fast! I also love the new picture on your blog header, and your new graphics. I'll call you about this Sunday.

Brookie said...

she is a beautiful baby marissa and you are a great mother:) i am so happy we are friends...you are awesome!

Brookie said...

i love the picture of your kids at the top of your page!! it is stinking cute!!!