We had a great St. Patty's Day. Austin's choir got to perform at the High School for the Spring Festival and they sounded AWESOME! I feel bad because it was one of those things that were last on my list of things to do today and I didn't give Austin the compliments that he deserved. He was very excited about the music that they sang and they have such a fun choir director. They have a big choir. About 40-50 kids. Thursday night they get to go sing the National Anthem at the Stampede Basketball game downtown. I get to go with them and chaperone!! It should be fun!

Austin and Grant waiting for the concert to begin. They both kind of like hanging out with each other and it's fun that Austin has a friend in the choir. (I think he has a bunch of friends only most of them are girls. I wonder why he really is in the choir? There are a couple of cute girls in it!!)

Mayci and Kenzie came with us to the concert. Braydon stayed home to take care of Madison. Dad and Mayci played Peak-a-boo while we waited for the concert to begin. Oh how she loves to play games. Mostly with her daddy!

I know. This doesn't look like your normal birthday cake. Justin didn't even light the candle. She saw her cake and started to squeal. She wanted it right NOW! We quickly sang happy birthday and as we sang, she put her hand in the cake and pulled a handful of food out and popped it into her mouth! I just love 1st birthdays. This one would be the funniest though. None of my other kids were as anxious as she was. All the others waited patiently and we had to coax them to eat the cake. Not our Mayci!

For the cake, let's just say that I didn't sign up for the talent of decorating cakes. I had the idea to make a fun cake that was green and looked like a clover. I just don't know what happened to all the time I usually have on my hands!! So, I got a Butter Pecan cake mix (which tastes like pancakes my kids say. I agree) and put green food coloring in it. Baked the cake and then after it cooled, cut it into chunks. I put a layer of cake, a layer of Cheesecake pudding (with strawberry yogurt mixed with it) and a layer of strawberries. Then repeated the layers. We put a glob of whipped topping on everyones cake and it didn't last very long in the bowls. My kids don't really know what a nice professionally decorated cake is. They only know that if it tastes good, it was a great cake. I got compliments from all of them tonight. That's all that matters to me. So no. I don't feel bad about not getting the cake decorating talent. Maybe in the next life!!

This was my favorite picture! Her hand was so full of Whipped topping and she was stuffing her face so fast that I didn't get a lot of good pictures. This one was the topper of the day!(hee, hee). I know why she was sent to me. She keeps me laughing and I've learned to enjoy every part of my life and every minute of my day. Even those days where you do everything you didn't have on your to do list. She keeps us laughing and I'm glad that I was blessed with 5 amazing children. I don't think that I could be more content than I am right now. It's hard to believe that 13 years ago I could only imagine sharing my love with only one man! Now I get to share my love with 6 different people and it's the easiest thing in the world to do! Am I just the luckiest, or what?! (It's that lucky charm of mine!!) Love you forever Mayci Bryn- MOM
4 comments:
I can't even believe she is 1! Where does time go? She is such a little doll! It looks like fun!
Oh ya, I love her ear rings! Too cute!
Happy Birthday Mayci- she is such a cutie!
You are a blogging fool! Thanks for all the posts....that is fun that Mayci got her ears pierced! I am not that brave to have Kaylee's done just yet...
Fun cake, and cute pictures! Looks like it was a fun day for her and the whole family! :)
Post a Comment