Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On your mark...

Get set. Go!
Our Pinewood Derby was on Saturday and it turned out so good! Braydon and I were on Justin to make sure we did everything right this time to the car so that he had a chance of winning. Last year didn't turn out so swell. The Derby was 4 days after Mayci was born and so he did have an excuse as to why he didn't get to help the boys out with their derby car as much as he should have. Braydon did a great job with his design and we decided to go with some vinyl on the car for detailing! I helped Braydon get the vinyl ordered and we had the idea of the flames going from the front to the back. Dad got ahold of the vinyl before mom could and they went the other way than planned! It still looked sharp though! Braydon's would be the red one with his name on it! hee,hee
The anticpation of it all was too much for some kids! All of the boys were so excited everytime their cars got put on the track! We had a professional track that gave a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place on it and the boys were loving every race! We have some creative kids in our pack and all of the cars were so fun to see. All of the boys had good attitudes and were good sportmans! We can't wait for next years Pinewood Derby.

All the boys with their cars. Austin is now an 11 year old scout and so he didn't get to participate in the derby this year.


I just love little boys! I loved watching Braydon everytime his car crossed the finish line. I knew when he took first. He did this little "Yeeeesssssssss" and his arm would pull back by his side- like success! VICTORY! Then he'd stand up and slowly run his car back to the starting line. He'd look at me and smile. I'd give him the thumbs up and his smile would get bigger. Even when he wasn't 1st, I'd get a similar reaction. You gotta love events like this and the excitement that comes from little boys and their race cars!

AND THE WINNER IS....
Braydon got 2nd place! He was beat by Tren 2 times I think! Ryan got 3rd. They each got a pin to put on their scout uniform and wear until next year's Derby. It was a fun Saturday and I'm glad that Braydon had the chance to race and also learn a few things along the way! Thanks Justin for helping him out with his Derby car and not doing all of it for him! I think he loves being with you and doing things with you. You 2 made a great team on this little project!

2 comments:

Anne said...

The boys had so much fun! I loved how they were high fiving each other, even when they came in last place.

Cassidy said...

i can't believe how old your kids are getting. I think it will be so fun when my kids are old enough to be in scouts. so cute.