Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Son/Mother Date

Last Thursday night I got to go on a date with Austin. We got to go to the Idaho Stampede game. We also got to go with about 60 other kids from Reed Elementary school. Austin sings in the 5th/6th grade choir and they were asked to sing the National Anthem at the start of the Basketball game. It was just a little bit of excitement for those kids. I was there not only as Austin's date, but as a chaperone.
This was just after we got there.
Cody J, Austin, and Grant, trying really hard to stay in their seat as they were told. It was almost like the kids had Energizer batteries in them.

There was a Goodyear Blimp (or some other tire supplier) flying around the stadium before the game got going. All of the choir kids started to scream really loud to get it's attention. The blimp dropped quite a few things down to the kids. It was like Christmas morning for them. It did help that there weren't very many people in the stadium. The crowds were pretty small but the choir kids made up a very good number of filled seats on one end of the court.

Nick, Austin and Cody J.
The choir did a pretty good job singing. I think it was hard for them to hear each other because there were a few flat notes in the song. They sang their guts out though and it was a great experience for them. I'm just glad that Austin was willing to try something that was a whole new thing for him. I think he really enjoyed learning to sing. His choir teacher, Ms. Burr has done a wonderful job with all of the kids too. She does good to make it fun for them.
Thanks Austin for letting me come with you, as a chaperone and as your date. It was a fun night!

No comments: