Monday, March 16, 2009

Great in 8

At the first of the year, a group of gals from the ward decided to join me in a little competition! It's all about making yourself better so of course they were all on board with me. I found this program on another blog about a year ago and decided to give it a try. We did it over the summer and didn't do so good. This time around we had lots of success! We each had a team member and we worked together to get points each day. The winning team at the end of 8 weeks got the grand prize. This time it was a pot of money that everyone contributed to.

How do you get the points? You get points for eating good food, exercising, drinking water, reading scriptures, saying your prayers and of course, loosing points for eating bad foods! It was a good way to get into the habit of doing those things I know I should be doing anyway. It's not an easy task to decide you're going to make yourself better and then actually do it. For me, eating food is my life! I'd much rather work out for 4 hours a day than cut out all of my snacks and eating all day long. This past Friday night some of the gals got together to celebrate the success we all had. There were about 22 gals that did it with me and most lost weight. We had a couple of gals lose 15 lbs. and 9+ inches! I was so proud of everyone that participated and we are doing it again!

We didn't get everyone to the party but for those that came, we had a great night of girl talk and lots of laughter. I can't wait for the next 8 weeks to come and see how fabulous we all look for the summertime!
These 2 were our biggest winners! Sharene & Alicia! They ended up with the most points after the 8 weeks. They were very dedicated and did a great job keeping all of us motivated. (we actually were doing our best to keep up with these two!)

We had Taco Salad for dinner and a few healthy snacks. It was such a fun night!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun! So where's the blog with the Program?