Austin has been going to YM for about 1 month now and he loves it. Last Tuesday I got to go with Justin and Austin to YM's. The youth in the stake were all asked to learn a type of dance to perform for all of the youth in the stake. Our ward was chosen to learn the swing. Bishop and his wife were asked to teach the class and they asked Justin and I to help them out. I was game for it! Any excuse to get out dancing with Justin will do!
So, we helped teach the youth and they all learned rather well. I think we had almost 40-50 youth there that night we practiced. This past Tuesday though was a different story. We only had about 11 youth show up to dance. They all did a great job though. The stake dance was awesome though. It started at 6:30 PM and each ward took turns with their dance they learned. One ward had 'Thriller' for their dance. IT WAS AWESOME!! They were all dressed as dead people (shredded clothes, pale faces, ratted high hair!!) and they all started out dead on the floor as 'Michael Jackson' walked through the dead. They then started to dance! They put lots of effort into it. We also saw the Waltz, Tango, Macarena and a Line dance.
After each ward performed, they had 2 DJ's there to help out with the dance. The kids got to dance until 9:30pm. The DJ's were great at getting the kids to dance. Even on the slow dances. The best part of the whole thing was that I got to witness Austin dancing at his first dance!! It seems so crazy that he could be old enough for that. I told him during the week that he needed to be brave and go ask the cute girls to dance first before they are all taken. I also told him to watch for those that are good at dancing. Justin told him to learn to dance and he'll not have to ask anyone to dance. The girls will all come to him. Austin did a great job. He danced every dance and learned a few line dances. They had fog machines there. Disco balls and lights! Austin had a great time!
I'm looking forward to all of the other fun activities my boys get to do! They know how to have fun doing just about anything!





No comments:
Post a Comment