Monday, January 4, 2010

Here we go a caroling

My silly kids. We were getting ready to head over to the church for Tithing Settlement and they were all so dang cute. I just had to get a picture of them!
On Saturday, December 19, we had the opportunity to go Christmas Caroling with a few families from the ward. We went with the Hogge family- our Bishop- and also the South family- 2nd counselor. We all brought some cookies/snacks to put on plates for the families that we went caroling too. Bro. South brought some killer homemade oreo cookies. After caroling, we went back to the Hogge's for hot cocoa and visiting. It was good to be able to carry on a tradition that we've had for the past few years. We miss our friends in Kuna and would have loved to go caroling with them. It was fun to spend the time getting to know some of the amazing people we have in our new ward though.
Mayci rode in the front of the truck with me for a time or two. She enjoyed being in the back of the truck more though.
The kids found some ice to slide on. No one got hurt! I was very impressed. There were lots of ice patches to enjoy!

Here's the kids in the back of the truck. They were great singers and they were all excited to be out in the cold. It was actually a nice night to be out. There was no wind and I think we were up in the upper 20's, low 30's. That was perfect after the week or two before being in the negative numbers!
We made it to 6 or 7 houses that night!
I love getting together with others and having some good fun! I can't wait to do this again next year. My kids even look forward to caroling. What a fun tradition to have!

No comments: