Saturday, January 9, 2010

Could it be?

I think we might have success #5. Our first day of potty training made me tired!!! I don't know why I thought right now would be the time to start potty training Mayci. I had to tell myself that it's worth being worn out for a few days if it means that we don't have to change anymore diapers.

Mayci didn't do too bad. We went through 5 pairs of underwear on day 1 and she managed to pee 2 times in the potty. Yesterday, day 2, was a little better. She held in poop all day on day 1. I knew it was only a matter of time and we'd have a mess on day 2. I had to run to a neighbors house for a visit and worried about her while we were gone. I put a diaper on her and she held everything in while we were gone. She really had to go though. When she needs to go, she cries and that's what she did while we were visiting. I hurried back home and spent about 1 hour sitting with Mayci as she sat on the potty chair. She finally cried and let it all out! It all went in the toilet though! I think that pretty much freaked her out but the rest of the day went pretty good for her. It did help that Justin came home from work at 11 am and she seems to like having her dad help her potty train.

She did go down for a nap on day 2 and during her nap, she woke up crying because she had pooped in her diaper. I changed her and put her back down to finish her nap. The rest of the day went good. Things were interesting when we found that she had a little diarrhea. She farted and out it all came. Then we were off and on the potty chair until bed time. She did good. We put her in a diaper for bed and this morning at 6:30 am, she was calling for me. I went in and asked if she needed to go potty and sure enough, she ran to the potty chair. I got her undressed and she had a dry diaper. I put her on the potty chair and she went pee! It was so perfect! I asked her if she wanted a diaper or underwear and she wanted her underwear! Hopefully today will be a successful day and then I think we'll have this thing mastered! This is about how long it took McKenzie to figure out potty training! What a great thing this will be to have accomplished!

2 comments:

Joleen said...

Congratulations Maci!!! That is AWESOME!!
My girls still wear diapers at nap and bed time. They are sleep-poopers! And I don't have the energy to clean up after both of them everyday!!!

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Woo Hoo Mayci and Mommy! Congrats!!!!!!