Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ringing in the New Year!

We had a fun New Years! Thursday night, Britt, Nick, Carson and Kaylee showed up about 5 pm and we had delicious hamburgers. About 8 PM, Justin's parents showed up and that's when the games started! We played games until about 10:30 pm. We watched the ball drop at 10 pm online. We were really hope to see Justin's sister, Wendy. She went to NY and so we were hoping to catch a glimpse of her with all the other thousands of people there. We didn't see her though. After we watched the ball drop, we decided to watch a movie. We watched "Facing the Giants" and we didn't even stop the movie when it became midnight. We all just said, "Happy New year" and went back to watching the movie. Pathetic, I know. It was a fun night and amongst all the fun, my sister convinced me to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in SLC in April. I think I'm nuts to agree to do it. I'm more worried about the training than the actual race.
Kaylee and Mayci were cute together. They played pretty good together but they also fought over dolls and strollers pretty good too.
Friday morning, we all got bundled up to play in the snow that we now had. It snowed Friday some and we actually got lots of snow Friday night and Saturday morning, we had about 4 inches or so.
My pictures got out of order! Oops. Carson and Madison were very creative on Saturday and they found a box and decided to make a car out of it! They played in that for most of the day on Saturday!
Friday morning we all helped peel oranges so we could have some Orange Julius with our Swedish pancakes.
After we all got bundled up on Friday morning, we jumped into the truck and headed across town to 'THE PIT'. It's the perfect hill for sledding. Not too steep and not too long. You can stand to go down it because it's not such a long walk back up the hill.

The first run of the day for the kids. It was a workout to go down with Mayci. Walking back up with her makes you huff and puff!
Mayci loved going down. She would squeal and when we were finally at the bottom and stopped, she'd go, "Whew". It was pretty cute!
Nick and Kaylee- just before heading down. Kaylee loved sledding as much as Mayci did!
So, Justin thought he was young and indestructible! Carson had a sled that Austin used as a snowboard. Austin did a great job standing up on this sled as he went down the hill. I was impressed that he hadn't fallen off and gotten hurt. Well, Justin was impressed too and decided to give it a try. I went down just before him and I waited at the bottom as he headed down. He actually looked pretty good and just before the very bottom, the sled turned just enough that he fell. He landed on his shoulder and rolled a time or two. I knew that he was hurt by the look on his face. I just was hoping that it wasn't a collarbone or something requiring us to go to the hospital. I asked if he was ok and he said, "I dislocated my shoulder". I yelled up at Nick to come and help and Nick knew exactly what to do. He has had a dislocated shoulder a time or two. As I watched him pull his shoulder back into place, I about passed out. Let's just say that Justin didn't do much after that!
It was almost painful to hold Mayci like this. We got him doped up on pain killers when we got home and he did good all weekend long with the pain. It wasn't out of place for long so his shoulder actuallly did good healing.


Madison, Kenzie, Mayci, Justin, Austin and Braydon!

Carson, Nick, Kaylee, Britt and the Pugmire gang.

We all started getting cold and decided to head back for some hot cocoa.

Once we got home, Madison and Carson started on some crafts and they did a great job coming up with some creative pictures. Kaylee really wanted to help make crafts too but Madison and Carson were not up to having her help.
It was a fun and memorable New Year! I can't wait to see what 2010 brings to our family!

No comments: