Christmas Eve 2009-
The kids had school on December 21 & 22 and so our vacation started on Wednesday the 23rd. It's amazing how early kids can get up when there is no school. My girls were up by about 6 am on the 23rd and the 24th. Madison came in at 4 am on Christmas eve morning and asked if she could be up for the day. I told her to go back to bed! I think they were a little on the excited side.
The girls entertained themselves for most of the day making things with paper and different crafts. Mayci wanted to do everything that the girls did. They were nice enough to let her join on some of their activities. We got in lots of game playing over our vaca. We didn't do much hair though. We decided that we wanted to spend our time either playing games or playing outside. So, hair was put on the back burner for most of the holidays!

It's not Christmas vacation at our house unless we have Orange Julius. Here's the boys getting some ready before we play some more games. I'm learning that I don't get a serious pose from the boys now-a-days. This is what most of the pictures look like that I took over the past week!

Not only did we not d hair, we also didn't care how our clothes looked! This is how I found my girls one morning! Aren't they beautiful?


For Christmas Eve, we always open up one present. Pajamas seem to be what we always open! The kids really were hoping we'd change that tradition and open up one of the really big presents under the tree! Mayci loved opening presents. It didn't take her long to figure out how to make the sound, "Oooooh! Aaaaaaah!" with each present opened. She was very fun to watch this Christmas.




Didn't get any pictures of the boys in their PJ's. Probably because Austin's didn't fit and so we wouldn't let him put his on. The girls were thrilled with their new pj's.
Christmas morning:
I think it starte around 2:15 AM!! The kids were all in the room next to ours and I heard noise about that time. It quieted down shortly after but then around 4 am, I heard them all awake. Talking. They kept whispering until about 5 am. Then the excitement was getting too hard to handle. We told the kids that we weren't opening gifts until 7 am. Justin and I finally caved in at 5:30 am and let the kids out to go see what Santa brought them. My kids were definitely good this year. They got spoiled!


Mayci did not leave this doll and stroller alone all day. She actually found about 7 other dolls over the holidays and has to have them with her wherever she goes.

This chair folds out into a bed with a sleeping bag. Mayci has shared this with all of her dolls too!

Kenzie was thrilled with her Littlest Pet Shop!

Madison got lots of craft stuff. She kept saying, "More craft stuff" and it sounded like "more CRAP stuff" since she doesn't have all of her teeth!

The garbage pile after we were done opening gifts.

The boys got exactly what they wanted. They were a little excited with their Christmas.

We spent the entire day enjoying our gifts and playing games. We got lots of new games for Christmas and so it was fun to learn all of the new games.
No comments:
Post a Comment