Monday, November 9, 2009

Changes

I've decided that my little one is growing up way too fast. She is such a tease to her siblings and she loves to get a reaction out of people. If people are laughing at her then she has succeeded. Last night the kids put on a play for Justin and I. It was a cute little play and in the play, Austin had on an alligator costume. This costume pretty much scared the crap out of Mayci. Austin walked into the room with the alligator head on and Mayci took one look at him and instantly had a look of shock on her face. She dropped what was in her hands, put her hand over her mouth and ran to dad for protection. The funny part was that in the play, they had just said that this dragon had come to eat the 2 princesses, Madison and Mayci. Mayci played the part perfectly of the scard princess. We all laughed for about 5 minutes over that one.

We decided to try a spiderweb on her hair the other day. I wanted to see what she looked like with all of her hair pulled back. She looked adorable! As always. The kids kept saying, "Oh mom. You should do her hair like that all of the time. She is just sooooooo cute with her hair like that!"

Her hair do lasted most of the day and she kept feeling her head, like she was trying to find out where her hair went.
When we moved, we decided that Mayci was old enough that she didn't need to be in a high chair. We now have her at the table with us in a booster seat. I think she likes the fact that she can get in her own chair now. All by herself too. It's hard to think that she's old enough to do things that the older kids are doing. It won't be long and we'll have her potty trained. She's already telling me that she's poopy. Justin says I should potty train her right now. I'm thinking I'll give her a few more months. She needs to get better at talking first. Sorry Justin. If you want to get her out of diapers, you're going to have to potty train her!!

On a side note, she is loving nursery. Justin worried about us being in a new ward and having to train her all over again to go to nursery without crying. The first Sunday in our new ward, she went right in. No hesitation at all. I think it helped having a big supply of snacks sitting on the table as she came in. She's adjusted well to the new atmosphere we've put her in!

2 comments:

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Mayci looks so cute with her hair like that! I agree...she's getting too big, too fast!!!

Nikki said...

Mayci looks older in this picture! She is so stinkin' cute!!!