Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Play Day

Last Thursday and Friday the kids didn't have school. I'm not sure exactly why they didn't but I had 4 extra kiddos under foot while I was packing. I decided that we needed to get out of the house before we spent a few days being busy with the move. Kenzie had gone to the Discovery Center with her 1st grade class and got a coupon that was good for one family to get into the DC anytime. We actually ended up with an extra ticket so we invited the Halladay's to come with us. It's amazing that we can put 9 kids together for a day and they all get along. We had so much fun.

We started our day out with a trip to McDonald's. Most of my kitchen was packed up and so it was either PB & J's or McDonald's. The kids voted for the latter one. While we were there, it started to snow. Not enough to make it stick but it was snowing. The kids thought it was great!

These 2 girls were speedy eaters. They were anxious to be outside with the snow.

For some reason, these two always give us funny poses when we ask them to look at the camera.

Aren't they the cutest? They are so easy going!

Cooper and Austin are good buds. Austin was great with him the entire day. They did everything together.
The Discovery Center has so many amazing things to see and do and touch. It was even fun for Kim and me. We were checking everything out right along with the kids.

We were trying to have fun with this picture. It didn't work out as good but it was fun trying.

Mayci hated this skeleton. She was on a bike right next to it and if you pedal the bike, the skeleton copies you and does the same thing. She wanted nothing to do with this thing.

A bed of nails. I told Ryann to lay down and see what it feels like to have nails put through your body. She about freaked out! Once I told her that I was kidding, she agreed to let me push the button for her so she could feel the nails raise her up.

I even put both of them on it and they thought it was hilarious!!
They have a pretend grocery store and the kids just love it. The girls could have spent an hour in there. Mayci loved the shopping carts that were her size. I think we need one of these in our house. It would occupy Mayci all day long.

All of the girls checking out their groceries!
They had a room that showed how weather men do the weather. All of us girls had a good laugh in this room.

We figured out how to hide our bodies. We took this green sheet and put it over our bodies and we became a floating head on the screen.
The end result! Madison's floating head.
Both of my girls lost a tooth that day. Kenzie pulled hers out on the way to McDonald's and Madison pulled hers out on the way home. I'm glad I was driving so I didn't have to watch them pull their teeth out. I handed each of them a tissue so they could put their teeth in it. Once we got home, they took the tissues and went to show dad. Once they showed him, both of them happened to lose their teeth. We couldn't find them anywhere. Needless to say, the Tooth Fairy didn't come to our house that night.
Madison took her own self portrait. I didn't get a picture of Kenzie though.
It was a great day with our friends before the move. We can't wait to have another day like this one!

1 comment:

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Such a fun day! I agree, we need to have another day like this...soon. We'll have to work on it!