Sunday, November 29, 2009

Game Night and Talent

Justin and I decided that since the two of us spent most of Friday together, the kids probably needed a fun night with all of us together. The kids voted and a game night is what we had. Saturday night, after dinner, the kids started out with Go Fish (using Rook cards). For some reason, they wanted to play by the Christmas tree on the floor. Not my first choice of places to play but they had lots of fun! While they played Go Fish, I made up a Pumpkin Roll for a treat for us to eat. That was a huge hit! My kids all had 2 pieces. Austin made up Orange Julius for us to drink. It was the yummiest!

We played Apples to Apples jr. and it's been awhile since we've laughed that hard. My kids would not be good at poker. Some of the expressions that came from the kids when their cards were read was priceless. It was such a fun night. I love playing games with my kids.

We have a fun little mudroom just off of the garage. It's got the laundry room attached to it also and we have the kids come only through the door into the mudroom. We're trying to get them used to taking all of their 'crap' and dropping it in the mudroom and not all over the house. We only had 3 hooks on the wall in there and it wasn't enough to store all of the stuff my kids had. I'd walk in and find most of their stuff on the ground. I don't too good with stuff on my floors. Justin- my creative and talented husband- said he'd be abl to make up some cubbies that the kids could use to put their stuff in. I agreed and he went to work. Justin had made a huge entertainment center 2 years ago for Christmas out of barnwood. It filled one whole wall in our office in our Kuna house. We took it apart when we moved and brought it here with us. He used that same wood to make up the cubbies and we now have lots of spots to put stuff. It's not on my floor anymore! It turned out wonderful!
5 cubbies for each kid. There are shelves under the cubbies for them to put their shoes and boots.
There are shelves on top for Justin and I to put stuff. It didn't take Justin very long to build this. The hardest part was taking the wood apart and getting it organized into piles. He had lots of wood to use after the entertainment center was torn apart.
Doesn't it look great? All nice and organized! Just the way I like it.
I need to find him some more barn wood and get him some good tools and put him to work making me more things that I need! He does a great job at everything he does and I'm lucky to have such a talented husband!

3 comments:

Joleen said...

I am SO jealous of your mud room. We've been here 6 months and I still haven't gotten mine built!

Unknown said...

that is so cool

Heidi said...

The cubbies in the mud room look great! Good job Justin!