Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey time!

What a fun Thanksgiving we had. We got to go to Rigby to spend time with my cousins, Aunts, Uncles and Grandma and Grandpa. I thought it was only going to be my Aunt, her husband and a few of his kids and then my Grandma and Grandpa Edstrom. I was surprised when I found out that there would be cousins there that I haven't seen for 5+ years. We had it at Aunt Lorie's house and she did such a great job with all of the food. We had ALOT of food and everything tasted wonderful. The really bummer part of this whole thing though- my Aunt Lorie was on call for work that day and just before we had the blessing on the food, she got called into work. She left her houseful of company and headed to work. Just as most of the group was gone, she called her husband Rob and said to keep some people there. She was on her way home. I think that most of us were gone before she got home. It was a great day though. I enjoyed it because I got lots of wonderful food and I only had to worry about a jello salad!
My Grandpa Edstrom was very into his story he was telling my cousins, Paige and Stephanie, that he couldn't stop to look up for the picture!
My cousin Daniel hanging out with some of us while we chatted! Some of the ladies got right to work after dinner cleaning stuff up. (I was terrible and just visited with everyone. I was just having too much fun to stop talking to help clean up!)

Kenzie took advantage of the scoops of icecream that were available. I got my share of yummy coconut cream pie. It was so heavely! Isn't McKenzie just so dang cute?

My Grandma Edstrom and Aunt Kathy were such great kitchen helpers. It didn't take them long to get the messes cleaned up. They just hoped that Lorie would be able to find all of the things that ot put away!
I even got to see my Uncle Mark! He took advantage of a much needed nap! I should have followed his lead. That's always a good thing to do on Thanksgiving!

Madison and Dad escaped downstairs to watch some Rock Band being played. (I think Justin was hoping to find a good Football game to watch. That didn't happen though).

Mayci did a great job entertaining herself. There were a few cousins her age there and they tried really hard to get along. It was rough a few time though. Some crying was heard.

Here's the Band! They spent most of the time playing Rock Band that day.

Mayci also found this fun tool bench. She got really good with the tools. She was funny to watch play with all of the different toys.

My cousin Kim and I got some good visiting in. You gotta love the after Thanksgiving dinner visit time. Everyone tends to recline a little while they talk so their food can digest better.
We didn't get to spend time with my siblings or Justin's siblings but it was still a great Thanksgiving. What a fun way to start out the holidays.

No comments: