Right off the family room though, there's a little cubby of a space. Justin and I thought it would make a great reading/sitting area. We talked last night to the couple that helped build the house and asked what the original plan was for that little area. They said it was to be a reading area!!! It has a great big window and gets light for most of the day. So, I put one of our bookshelves in that area and decided we'd start filling it with the kids' books. Before I could do anything but move the bookshelf though, Justin and I headed out for a date last night. The kids had their own idea for the area.
They needed/wanted a library. This has now become the family library room. The kids have issued everyone in the family a library card and they even have times when the library is open and closed. They spent a lot of time playing in the 'library' last night and also today. It's so much fun to see their imaginations work like this. It's also fun to see the kids play together so well.
I'm excited that they love hanging out in libraries enough to have one in our house. One day, our library will be one GREAT BIG room. We'll have thousands of books and my kids will spend hours in it! In the meantime, we'll enjoy the memories we're making now!





5 comments:
hey that's a big library. i like it it is fun. i had to carry all the books
Very Cool! My kids are jealous!
BTW- I absolutly love the omelet in a bag recipe you posted a few months ago. We use it all the time!
Just came across your blog. Looks like you got moved and things are going well. Was hoping to see you Halloween night at the Hallbergs, but they said you left earlier. Too bad. Hope all is well.
Courtney
Hey thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate it. It's nice to know I am not the only one that has felt this way. Your house is Beautiful.
Thanks again.
What an awesome library! I'm jealous! The new house looks great.
Post a Comment