Thursday, November 26, 2009

To buy or not to buy?

What was the first thing on most people's mind on Thanksgiving morning? How long should the turkey cook? Do we have enough rolls for everyone? Will everyone make it safely? What are the local headlines for the day? Probably not.
Was it all of the great deals that they would find on Friday morning? Probably.
All of the ads vs. the news. Ads win today!!!
Justin went to the convenient store by our house and saw about 5 other cars waiting for the store to open so they could buy their paper. Justin didn't want to wait for the store to open and he saw the papers lying on the ground by the door. He grabbed a paper and threw $3 on the pile. After that, all of the other customers jumped out of their cars and got a paper too.
I've only been on board with the whole 'Black Friday' thing for about 4 years. I couldn't ever see the point of getting up that early to shop until my kids got older and wanted more expensive things. I'm excited for this year. We've found a few really killer deals for gifts. Justin and I will have to split up to make it to the stores. I think it's more fun knowing that Justin is going with me. Then I'm not the only one that is tired Friday night! Tis the season!

3 comments:

Anne said...

It's fun to have your husband go with you. James and I make it a date. After the shopping we go out to breakfast.

Joleen said...

I can't wait till Karina is old enough to babysit so Tim & I can go together again. I loved going with him...not so much by myself!

Shannon said...

I miss going with my husband. We used to go every year together before we had kids. This year was fun though because my sister and I were able to go together.