Thursday, November 12, 2009

FHE in IF

Monday night came way to quick this past week and I didn't have anything planned for FHE. I asked Austin if he wanted to put a lesson together but he had so much homework that I decided maybe we should just go to the Visitor's Center at the IF temple. We didn't know how late it was open so we bundled up in case we ended up walking around the temple grounds. We got there and it was open until 9 pm every night. So, we headed in and visited a few of the kiosks. The boys were very interested in the Family History kiosk. We finished off the night with one of the movies they were playing in the theater they have there. Justin had gone before a month ago and watched a movie that was about 15 min. It was 7:30 as the movie started and it was a movie on Joseph Smith. It was one that I have not seen yet. It lasted until 9 PM. The girls were SO tired. They watched all of it though and it was very good.

It made me stop and think about how many sacrifices so many people made, just so we could have the gospel on the earth at this time. How grateful I am to Joseph Smith and his courage to continue on. He could have easily given up at any time. How often do we, in these days now, give up on things because we think they are too hard. It makes my perspective different when I take time to remember things like this.

I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Things look manageable knowing that I will always have the help of my Savior and Heavenly Father. Knowing that my family is Eternal makes those hard days, OK. I'm grateful for repentance and a Heavenly Father that knows my worth. It's amazing that he trusted me with 5 of his precious little ones to raise. I'm also grateful that I have a wonderful and loving husband that is worthy to have the priesthood to bless our family. Knowing I have Justin to help me raise our 5 energetic children makes it so much more fun to be a parent. I love him every minute of every day!

I didn't get many pictures. We had so much fun checking things out that I forgot about taking pictures. My boys asked last night if we could go back this week to the Visitor's Center and do more searching our family history. How funny is that? I haven't ever had the desire to do family history but I know that I should. What an example my kids are to me.
The girls in front of the Christus.
All of us in front of the IF temple. The kids were so ready to go home and go to bed. They all fell asleep on the way home. It's not very far away either. Maybe 15 minutes.
I love successful Family Home Evenings!

No comments: