Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ahhhh, Rodeo Season

Any chance we have to go to a rodeo is a great thing for Justin. Actually, all of the kids live for rodeos. Justin would love to be one of the pickup guys- the ones that ride on horses and get the riders after their ride is over or have been bucked off. I could probably handle him doing that. The idea of him doing bareback or saddle bronc is a little crazy sounding.

We all went as a family to the Stampede Rodeo the 2nd week in July. The kids all got a free ticket from their reading program at the library. It was a fun night and the kids did a good job behaving the entire time. Mayci loves being out with everyone and watching people wherever we go.

McKenzie, Heidi, Madison, Austin and Braydon all stop for a quick picture. The rodeo went very fast this year. There was hardly any wait time inbetween riders and so it didn't seem to take as long to get to my favorite part to watch- Bull riding. I also like to watch the Steer Wrestling.
Before the rodeo gates opened, there was a guy handing out these bandanas. All of the kids got one and the girls really wanted to do some silly things with them.



Mayci entertained herself with the railing. She kept leaning over the edge and then would sit up and just laugh. It was like she knew she was being silly and wanted to make sure we were all watching her.

I took so many pictures of my little girl that she finally showed me she had had enough!!
Then she got really silly. It was almost 11:00 pm when we left the rodeo and the last 1/2 hour Mayci started picking on her dad. She would pull his ears, stick her fingers in his ears and try and poke his eyes. She laughed the entire time. I was impressed with how she did. I kind of expected her to cry after about 9:30 PM. It was sooooo past her bedtime but she just loved being with her daddy!


I love being a mom of 5 kids who love hanging out with their parents and having a good time. Thanks, Heidi, for spending time with our family too! My kids love hanging out with you!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It was a good time! Now time for Caldwell Night Rodeo!!! I was impressed with Mayci as well she did do very well.